Customer Manufacturing Report

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
Is there an E1 report that gives information on Work Order production that looks back to the linked Sales Order so you can see what was produced for a specific customer?

Jeff,

What version of JDE E1 are you looking for?
If you're on apps 9.1 or higher, you can use Project Manufacturing (aka Production Numbering) to track from a SO to WO's, PO's, etc. as far down the product structure as you need to.

We're on 9.1 with all production being make to order so there is always a direct relationship between Sales Order and Work Order. I'll investigate what you are referring to. I think the users wanted an easily runnable report that would give them all of this information.

Jeff,

Do you always use line type 'W' on the Sales Order Lines? Is that how you're getting the link between the WOs and the SOs?

This particular Branch is not using 'W' line types (though they will be whether they like it or not). They are manually entering the related Sales Order information into the Work Order (when they don't forget to do it, that is.)

Jeff,

What version of JDE E1 are you looking for?
If you're on apps 9.1 or higher, you can use Project Manufacturing (aka Production Numbering) to track from a SO to WO's, PO's, etc. as far down the product structure as you need to.

Don, could you summarize where I do this? Is it something a user could easily do?

Look at Oracle Doc ID 1503442.1 - Project Manufacturing and Production Numbers

Jeff, the answer is no - there is no standard JDE report that does what you want.

Since you manually enter the related order information on the WOs you could consider modifying the P48013 Work With Manufacturing Work Orders grid to include the Related Order information. Users then could easilt query by Sales Order to see what Work Orders are linked to that SO.

If they're looking for more such as Calculations of Manufacturing % Complete etc or Actual Cost rollups from the WOs you're going to have write your own.

FYI we have a whole ecosystem of processing and reporting based on relationships between SO Lines (Demand) and their related WOs (Supply).
We have a fairly complex product structure and its possible for there to be over 100 WOs related to one SO Line. As a result manually maintaining the linkage is not an option for us.
We wrote a program that recursively connects supply to demand - beginning at each SO line and working downwards through each level of WO.
By having that linkage established we're able to perform some kinda cool things not possible with Out-Of-the-Box JDE.
Our approach has its limitations - #1 is the pegging program is batch (run every night), #2 is that the pegging process is really a sophisticated guessing program - when you get down to the bottom level of WOs supplying very common parts it may not be pegging the exact WO that ends up supplying the product on the SO Line. Still we achieve >97% accuracy.

They are actually just trying to get a total quantity produced during a given time period. I told them the easiest as of today would be to put the Customer # on the QBE line and then export the data. If they want to go further I told them we could develop a UBE.

Back