implementing a Transportation Management and Warehouse Management system

cschwobe

We are currently running JDE 9.0 and are going to implement a Transportation and Warehouse Management system. The consultant for the warehouse management system said that their should be certain business functions in JDE that can be called from an interface program.

Has anyone used this? Is there a business function that can be called to ship confirm an order once it is picked and shipped thru the warehouse system? They are telling me we should be able to automate this. They also think that qty changes should be able to have an automatic interface as well.

If you have any knowledge of what the names of these business functions are or have used them I would love any input you could give me.

thanks

Carol

You mean functions like this: https://knowledge.rinami.com/display/Cantara/NQ354207+-+Q35+Shipment+Confirmation+Service

Out of the box the only usable interfacing options on 9.0 are Z table processors and they're unlikely to cover all of your requirements. If you want a synchronous real-time/near-real-time interface then you'll have to either roll your own or work with a third party. One piece of advice, depending on what you're trying to do, interfacing with that combination of modules is only slightly less complex than building a space shuttle.

Hi,

This is not true, there are quite a few other options than Z-files and integration platforms (e.g. Cantara / Magic xpi / webMethods / ......) : you could use BSSV and consume webservices or even run fat client APIs. If you consider upgrading, AIS server would be the best option....
Oracle Support Documents :
E1: BSSV: Getting Started with Setting Up and Running E1 Business Services (Doc ID 967281.1)
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 API Reference (Doc ID 705446.1)
E1: AIS: Application Interface Server (AIS) (TR 9.1.5) (TR 9.2) (Doc ID 2094701.1)

Hope this helps

thank you for your mention of Magic, that is the product we are trying to use. We are running JDE 9.0. Our Tools release is 8.98.4.14. Have you done this before? I am looking for the business function names to try and call from Magic. Example what function would we call if we want to change the quantity on the F4211 when they short something thru the warehouse system? I am going to look at the documents you suggested as well

This is not true, there are quite a few other options than Z-files and integration platforms

I'll bite, what BSSV allows you to do a ship confirmation? What business function do you call to complete a ship confirmation?

Example what function would we call if we want to change the quantity on the F4211 when they short something thru the warehouse system?

The problem you have is that there is not one. There are a number of business functions that need to be called to edit the F4211. This is both to execute the transaction and to complete look ups and data validation.

JDE doesnt have out of box function to Ship Confirm so you will have to build custom one using MBFs. They do have one for Sales order for Business service. You might have to use mix of real time and batch to process alll of the data.

Chan

You can use ND3N4945 which is basically mimic of P49645 - Transportation Shipment Confirmation.

You can also write business function to mimic P49645 and it would be ready with 40 to 60 hrs of work.

These are DClink functions and can cause licensing issues if you don't own the product/license.

Chan

Back