Searching QBE lines over DD fields

smenon69

Hi Everyone

I have designed a form that does not have a view attached to it. I am trying to query data over data dictionary fields on the grid. How can I query on the DD fields as the fields are greyed out as there is no QBE functionality associated to DD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sai

Hi

I don't understand this?
If there is no view, where is the data coming from? Are you reading a table and using Insert Grid row Buffer to populate grid data by chance?

Depending on the form there is a tick box in the form form properties to hide QBE by example. Find Browse have them by default switched on, Headerless Details switched off

Unless a column is bound to a business view there is not any way to enable the QBE cell for that column. So if you are programatically filling the grid (i.e. loading from jdeCache or some other means) and you want filtering you would have to simply add some FC controls and manually filter on those values. The data bound controls (columns/fields bound to a bsvw field) like QBE and FC fields that are flagged as filter fields basically result in the WHERE clause of the SQL statement when the find button is pressed. Unfortunately there is not a "search within results" mechanic for E1 grids. I really wish there was because I have quite a few apps where the grid is filled programatically like I suspect you are doing.

Yes, you are correct reading data from a table and loading into Grid Buffer to populate grid data....

Hi

I don't understand this?
If there is no view, where is the data coming from? Are you reading a table and using Insert Grid row Buffer to populate grid data by chance?

Depending on the form there is a tick box in the form form properties to hide QBE by example. Find Browse have them by default switched on, Headerless Details switched off

Yes you are right. Loading data via table into grid buffer before populating the grid.

You could create a work table, load it from the table you are currently reading and create a business view over the work table to use in your form. QBE functionality will then be available.

Last edited:
Sai,

QBE values act as modifiers to the SQL WHERE clause JDE generates to query the database. QBE Find/Query does NOT operate on the current contents of your grid.
If you're going to manually populate the grid you'll have to come up with your own means to filter the data.

Back