How to stop PDF from changing resolutions and sharpness

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
When I print my documents directly to the printer the logo, colours, and signatures are very sharp / crisp.

If I Publish the document the colour changes, the logo and signatures are not as sharp.

How do I define the PDF settings in Createform so whenever I publish a PDF version of a document it keeps the sharpness of the print version.

What I am doing is sending a PDF version of our forms via email so the client can print the forms later on whatever printer she chooses to print. Problem is when I print the document right from Createform designer the colour stays a true colour. But when we print from a PDF version the colours, logo sharpness, and signature sharpness changes. All I have to do is go into print preview for this to happen.

Is there a setting in Createform that corrects this issue?

Please advise.

That would be a question for BottomLine. I believe they are using Ghostscript to "distill" the PostScript job stream to PDF.

I came across this document on the web. Can we do this with Ghostscript. THis is way beyond what I understand but am going to show this to a technical person here.
We determined the issue is with Ghostscript. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it?

https://ghostscript.com/doc/9.07/GS9_Color_Management.pdf

Bottomline indicated the following:
The different is how the printer interprets Postscrpt versus how Ghostscript distills it.

There is no setting in Create!form for this, you can try using a higher resolution EPS image but be aware this will slow down printing.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Back