Form Control tab sequence is inverted

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi folks,

Something odd is going on with ALL of my E1 forms of late. My form control tab sequence is reversed on all forms I visit and only works as before if I hold the SHIFT key down and then Tab.
So normal action now is to jump up to the next control rather than jump down. Odd????

Note: this isn't me setting tab sequence design now in FDA , it's any form I visit. OMW, P01012 anything. So it's a profile/preference thing I think.
All I've done is change my date to DMY

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna be that guy that resurrects a very old thread.

I am having this exact issue in OMW on the fat client. It happens on an Add action (Object, project, etc.) and it happens on the form after the form where you select the type of object W98220C (so the problem happens on Object-W9861AF, Project-W98220B, etc.). The tab sequence is inverted. When the form opens focus is set on the last control, TAB moves in reverse order through the fields, SHIFT+TAB moves sequentially through the controls. This has happened to me twice now. We have two instances of JDE, the last time it happened was on our other instance (which effectively went away with an upgrade so I didn't worry about it). Now it has happened again. No idea what is causing this.

Try doing a get of the P98220 in OMW and see if that fixes it. It may have something to do with windows updates. Have you had any windows updates installed on the fat client recently?

We git windows updates quite frequently. I would think a windows update would effect all apps, not just a couple of forms.

One of my custom apps is always affected (no controls can be selected on the initial form until I minimize and maximize the form) after I apply windows updates on my fat client. Doing a get on the application fixes the issue.

Well, I did a get on P98220, P9861A, P951000 and the problem seems to have gone away... very strange.

I admit my first thought was someone pranking you via keyboard surgery ...

Well, your first thought was sort of mine as well. I, being the paranoid individual that I am, was worried about some type of malware like a key logger or something, I'm still not comfortable with the situation. I don't like "fixing" things when I never knew what was wrong.

Like I said before, this happened one other time to me on a different instance of E1. My Google/Oracle searches only turned up two other cases that looked similar. This thread and one thread on the Oracle forums (no resolution on the Oracle forum).

Again, very strange...

Brian, there's me thinking I was the only one :)

Good to know you fixed it

I am also getting this same issue in 9.2 fat client. tools release 9.2.5.3. windows 10 64 bit. Need help

Ran in to this after taking a full package on my fat client. Doing a get on the P98220, then closing out and clearing global tables seemed to resolve it for me on two different boxes.

Back