Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DSI Ship Confirm does not update Cardex on network/system failure

Question DSI Ship Confirm does not update Cardex on network/system failure

Hi, Not sure yet if its a DSI issue or JDE also not sure if its technical issue or setup issue.
    So DSI scan the items to ship confirm, in middle of ship confirm if some network outage happen, the Ship confirm process fine, it updates the status, sales ledger Etc. But it does not release the inventory and dont write in the F4111.
    Just checking if anyone faced similar problem. Still going through if it is a DSI problem or JDE. Looks like JDE issue because when DSI calls the JDE MBF, it does process the ship confirm but fails at 1 point.
    Unable to recreate the issue.
    Any information will be great.
    Thanks..
    Abir Mannan
    Aimtek Consulting LLC

"Looks like JDE issue ..."

"if some network outage happen"

Sounds like a network issue to me ...

Your experience matches what I have seen also.
    In general you will find that most complex transactions in JDE do not have complete rollback.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

Hi, It sounds that is not a DSI, and not a JDE issue. The Ship Confirmation Business Functions calls other business functions. It is pretty involved BSFN, and it calls many more supporting functions. If your network connectivity is lost, then you will end-up with an incomplete ship confirmation transaction.

Hi Larry,
    I hate that fact about not having rollback.
    Were you able to fix the problem that you saw? or any other workaround?
    Abir Mannan
    Aimtek Consulting LLC

Thanks Rob, but that sounds like JDE bug and i would say that will be a bad bug because in that case we will face the same problem even with the Ship Confirm Application.
    Abir Mannan
    Aimtek Consulting LLC

just a thought ...

Assuming DSI is calling it's ship confirm NER, I wouldn't say a network issue caused this. DSI sends the single function call via XML and waits for the return (again assuming not asynch). A disconnect from the scanner would have no effect on the function running on the E1 server. It will just do it's thing and not have a client to send the resulting XML to. So the issue could be a bug in the DSI NER wrapper or indeed with the JDE MBF. If the network was the issue that caused the half-baked transaction, it would be with the enterprise server communicating with the database server. In that case you should see systemic issues affecting all activity at that time.

DSI does log all it's function call activity. Perhaps reviewing that and the call object kernel logs on the E1 server could shed some light.

Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace, NERDup and BusBuild+ Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

In P4205, there is a processing option (under the Process tab) that controls whether or not inventory is relieved at time of Ship Confirmation. Also, you need to add document types to the 40/IU UDC table for all order types you wish to update inventory for.

Maybe this might provide some insight on what you're seeing.
    Don Sauve
    Wagstaff, Inc.
    E1 9.2, Win2016, SQL Server 2016, TR 9.2.2.6, WebLogic 12.2.1, BI Publisher

This also may be different based on the version you're running. Xe has a tendency not to roll-back ship-confirm transactions, but later versions are more resilient. What version are you running, Abir ?
    Jon Steel
    EnterpriseOne/SOA Technical Architect
    erpSOURCING LLC
    http://www.erpsourcing.com
    cto@spla.sh
    24/7 Assistance - (904) 382 5701

Ditto to what Don said - that's what caught me out with DSI ship confirm... but when I used P4205 with the same version, the inventory did relieve - go figure.
    Contract JD Edwards Development Consultant.
    EnterpriseOne Xe through 9.2. Windows/Unix/OS400. SQLServer/Oracle/DB2 for i.
    ER, C/C++, BI Publisher, SQL, DSI dcLink

Also would depend on how you are calling Ship Confirm(interface or E1 internal) and where the error occurs. If its on End doc then chances are more that part will be updated and part not if its called from interface and transaction processing is not set correctly.

Chan
    Chandrakant Rana
    E1 Xe-9.0, AS/400, XML, BSSV
    E1 Integration,C,HTML,Java,CreateForm 3.0

Thread Information