Managing UDOs across environments especially when created in PD

Gomer79

Gomer79

Well Known Member
I have a question for those of you out there whose organizations are creating more user defined objects (UDO). Our users are creating grid formats and queries and soon watch lists and One View Reports and they are being created in the PD environment. We are starting to get requests for them to be in our other environments DV and PY for testing and other reasons. How are others handling this? Oracle has stated that "The normal object creation and promotion process is to first start creating the UDO object in DV and then go through the normal promotion process using the standard transfer activity rules which transfers the UDO object from DV to PY and then to PD." (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2181973.1) Their workaround involves exporting the UDO specs out of PD and into DV and promoting to PY but I am hoping there is a better way. Thanks.

Hi Gomer,

Shoot me over your email address via pm or direct, and I'll send you our processes and recommendations for handling this exact scenario.

All The Best,

Mark

[email protected]

If we refresh the UDO tables from Central Objects Production to PY will it bring over all the records? I know Oracle says it is not supported but just curious.

F952400 - E1Page and OneView Reports
F952420 - Watchlist
F952430 - Advanced Query
F952440 - Grid Formats
F952450 - CafeOne
F952410 - Composed Pages
F952415 - Images

Is there a reason why you could not setup OMW statuses and rules to copy them from PD to other environments? I've never done this before, but it seems like simple OMW configuration. Assuming you have an understanding of how OMW rules work you could probably prototype this in about an hour.

Thanks Mark and Paul. Paul that would appear to be possible I was just hoping Oracle had a solution that did not involve manual steps. Hence my Bug and Enhancement request creation. Thanks again.

Hi Mark,

Where I can found that proces to copy UDO's between enviroments ?

Thanks in advance!!

Back