HELP!!!!!! Red Stack vs Blue Stack

hittcontact

I need help...

All my CNC life, I have been told that JDE customers have choice to use wither blue stack or red stack if we have the license for tech foundation. So I have been using red stack for the longest time. Suddenly, I get call from Oracle rep wanting to discuss my licensing. After a long discussion, they told me that I have been violating my licensing agreement. I have only tech foundation which makes me eligible for ONLY blue stack. In order to use red stack, I have to have "Oracle" tech foundation and Oracle wants to penalize us for period we have been using the red stack. Scary...right?

What is your knowledge about this?

Thank you

This should be an interesting thread to watch ...

take a look at http://www.oracle.com/us/media/057250.pdf

in summary:
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
• A complete set of technology
products for implementing
integrating, orchestrating,
accessing, and analyzing
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
applications
• Limited use licenses of Oracle
Database and components of
Oracle Fusion Middleware
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
tools and engines for
installing, implementing,
designing, deploying, and
running JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne applications

The document is pretty clear that it provides the "complete set of technology products" for EnterpriseOne. The Oracle Salesperson is probably spreading FUD.
However, have you violated the "Limited Use" licenses for database and middleware? Are you using Oracle database for non-JDE applications? If so you're in violation of the license.

Just reread your original post.

The Salesperson is right. "Technology foundation" is Blue stack only or IBM components.

"Oracle Technology Foundation" is the red stack or Oracle components. They aren't interchangeable.

Sucks to be you :-(

I would talk to your rep or an Oracle partner about license migration.

Out of curiosity, how long has your organization been using JDE?
Migration from World?
Were you originally a "blue" stack? (AS/400 / DB2) If so when did you change to Red?

Suggest you go through your contracts and read them carefully - maybe there's a loophole in there for you.

100 percent guarantee that your sale rep will offer you no audit, and no violation, if you pick up some type of cloud spend. Doesn't matter if it is SaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, PaaS....Oracle sales reps are hunting for cloud revenue anywhere they can find it.

100 percent guarantee that your sale rep will offer you no audit, and no violation, if you pick up some type of cloud spend. Doesn't matter if it is SaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, PaaS....Oracle sales reps are hunting for cloud revenue anywhere they can find it.

Careful there Mark .. hittcontact may hold you to this .. (just kidding).

Actually Mark, you are absolutely right. There is already a proposal for that. :)

Back