Admin rights required to run fat client?

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7.

I have just completed the installation of a JDE fat client on a new laptop. After some initial difficulties, I installed a full package form the DV900 pathcode, and after running snapshot to save DV900, I installed a full package from the PD900 pathcode.

So at this point I can execute the current pathcode, do snapshot to save it, restore the other pathcode, run it, etc. Everything is working fine.

But now.......

In order to perform the install and related activities, our IT team made me an administrator on this PC. Our IT policy now though is that noone except IT support is to be an admin on a person's PC, so after the install, that has now been removed.

Now however, when I try to execute solutions explorer, it prompts me for an admin sign on. Its a box that says ' Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer' . Then it notes the program location 'C:\\E900\system\bin32\activeConsole.exe'. Followed by 'To continue type an administrator password and then click yes'.

According to Oracle, they said that while admin rights were required to install JDE fat client, they would not be required to actually execute it. Can anyone shed light on this.

Are Administrator rights required to even run the JDE fat client? or how can you get around this issue.

Thanks.

Our IT person is asking us to reinstall JDE in the C:\Program Files folder. Everything I've ever seen has your development client main JDE folder on the C drive or the D drive, not in a subfolder like Program Files.

Is there any issue that anyone is aware of in installing JDE in the C:\Program Files, rather than in the C:\ drive itself?

We are on E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7.

I have just completed the installation of a JDE fat client on a new laptop. After some initial difficulties, I installed a full package form the DV900 pathcode, and after running snapshot to save DV900, I installed a full package from the PD900 pathcode.

So at this point I can execute the current pathcode, do snapshot to save it, restore the other pathcode, run it, etc. Everything is working fine.

But now.......

In order to perform the install and related activities, our IT team made me an administrator on this PC. Our IT policy now though is that noone except IT support is to be an admin on a person's PC, so after the install, that has now been removed.

Now however, when I try to execute solutions explorer, it prompts me for an admin sign on. Its a box that says ' Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer' . Then it notes the program location 'C:\\E900\system\bin32\activeConsole.exe'. Followed by 'To continue type an administrator password and then click yes'.

According to Oracle, they said that while admin rights were required to install JDE fat client, they would not be required to actually execute it. Can anyone shed light on this.

Are Administrator rights required to even run the JDE fat client? or how can you get around this issue.

Thanks.

Admin rights is mandatory for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fat client to work fine !

Back