Install manager not showing all packages for install

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on JDE E1 9.0, tools release 9.1.4.7 (upgraded from 8.98.42 Oct 2015).

Our two developers here (me included) are moving to new laptops and as such must do an install of the E1 Development Client on those laptops. We are at the point where we have installed the required Oracle databases, 32 bit and 64 bit (since we have windows 7 64 bit machines and E1 is 32 bit).

Now we need to execute the E1 Install Manager to install the DEV client package. We are installing the DV900 pathcode, so I would expect to see in the Install Manager options to select what package we would like to install. After the upgrade, we have a full package for DV900 and about 10 update packages.

However, when we execute the install manager and get to the point to select packages, we are only seeing the last 3 update packages, there is no full package to select. I would expect to see all the DV900 packages, full and update. Then we would choose the full package to install, and follow with the individual update packages. But we only see the last 3 update packages and no full packages. There are filter options but they are all set to ALL.

For the upgrade we used a consultant and he installed the development client on our desktops at the time. But now we need to do the install on the laptops ourselvs.

Any suggestions on what would result in not seeing all of the available packages? On where to go next to try to resolve this?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

On your deployment server, go into the ...\E900\package_inf directory and find the .inf file named the same as your package. Edit that file and search for "DeploymentStatus" and make sure its value is Approved. Save the file and then re-try the install manager.

We are on JDE E1 9.0, tools release 9.1.4.7 (upgraded from 8.98.42 Oct 2015).

Our two developers here (me included) are moving to new laptops and as such must do an install of the E1 Development Client on those laptops. We are at the point where we have installed the required Oracle databases, 32 bit and 64 bit (since we have windows 7 64 bit machines and E1 is 32 bit).

Now we need to execute the E1 Install Manager to install the DEV client package. We are installing the DV900 pathcode, so I would expect to see in the Install Manager options to select what package we would like to install. After the upgrade, we have a full package for DV900 and about 10 update packages.

However, when we execute the install manager and get to the point to select packages, we are only seeing the last 3 update packages, there is no full package to select. I would expect to see all the DV900 packages, full and update. Then we would choose the full package to install, and follow with the individual update packages. But we only see the last 3 update packages and no full packages. There are filter options but they are all set to ALL.

For the upgrade we used a consultant and he installed the development client on our desktops at the time. But now we need to do the install on the laptops ourselvs.

Any suggestions on what would result in not seeing all of the available packages? On where to go next to try to resolve this?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Sauve solution should work. If not follow us.

Atleast you should get a option for default package. But only you are getting the last 3 update packages so we need to identity why installer is not able to pick all packages.

Please attach the screenshot and log file of the installation we will try to help you !

Thanks Don, now some good new, and some bad news.

Following your suggestion, I looked in the \E900\package_inf directly but there also was only the four update packages, 3 for DV900 and 1 for PD900. That coincides with the fact that we are only seeing these four packages when we run Install Manager.

Curious to see if the missing packages were somewhere else other than that folder you mentioned, we searched for the other packages and found them. Looks like all packages prior to about mid April 2016 were in a different folder. The most recent 3 packages were in \E900\package_inf , but all packages, update and full, prior to mid April were in \E900\oui\package_inf.

Baffling, then, what would have caused the .inf files to be created in the path that contained the 'oui' folder up to about April, then in the path that did not contain he 'oui' folder after that. We did nothing with the system around April that we can recall, though we did have to reset the E1local password in our fat client installs. They had expired after 6 months, but don't see how that should have effected the deployment server.

Anyway, trying to make progress, we decided to copy the 'missing' .inf files from the folder in the path that had the 'oui' in it to the one that did not. Since the installer was apparently looking at the path without the 'oui'.

After we did this, we reran the install manager and could now see all packages including the full DV900 package we wanted to install. We selected that package and started the install. It completed with a failure message that a command or commands had failed. Looking in the log that showed the failed commands, it showed the following.

C:\E900\oui\runConfig.bat ORACLE_HOME=C:\E900 MODE=perform ACTION=configure RERUN=false $*

When I ran this from a command line as it states to do so, it failed with an error '$Recycle.Bin options are not supported'. We removed the $* from the command line and ran it again and it appeared to complete normally.

Then I signed onto the Dev Fat Client on my laptop and all seems to work. I can sign in, navigate, go to OMW, checkin, checkout, go into RDA, etc. Everything looks pretty good.

NOW THE BAD NEWS.

I then tried to install the first update package. We have had a dozen or so since the full package. I started the Install Manager again and this time selected the first update package. It begin installing and about at the 40% point, it popped up an error. The error says 'Cannot update the specs for fileset DV9002161921 in \\JDEDEPLOY\E900\package_inf\DV1010U0.inf. Initialization failed. See the job.log for more details BEFORE attempting to run EnterpriseOne.

Looking at the jde.log, the messages do not seem to make sense. As part of choosing an update package in the install manager, it prompts you for an EnterpriseOne user and password. I used my personal user id 'mcelhannoj' and my current password. But in the jde.log after the attempt to install the update package, it is giving me an error that there are no roles assigned to user mcelhannoj or none for environment DV900. That is not the case as I can sign into JDE DV900 on this new laptop now and also on another laptop that we have a fat client installed on. Perhaps, I should have used the JDE user that we use on our deployment machine to build/deploy packages and not my personal ID?

jimmymac,

I'm glad you found what you have so far. Given the different directories used, I'd recommend building a new full package and scrap the old packages. You could spend weeks trying to hunt down and clean up directory references, but a full package usually doesn't take that long to build and you'll have everything clean going forward.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Don,

I have opened up a request with Oracle and they are looking at logs, etc. Resarching on Oracle support, there are some report issues with update packages in rergards to custom objects that have large assignment expression statements. That does not appear to our issue, exactly, but close.

In any case, while Oracle researches the issue on their end, we will be building a full package so we can proceed. Thanks for your help. I'll update with any future developments .

Back