Error: 'Unable to connect to E1Local' when trying to sign into my local fat client'

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7.

Beginning yesterday, 4/21, I began receiving the error 'Unable to connect to E1Local' when trying to log into my fat client. In the jde.log it shows the error 'ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress'. If I press OK on the pop up error, it will reappear about 20 times then appear to let you in, however any action continues to pop up the Unable to connect to E1Local.

Coincidentally or not, two days prior, I received a similar message when trying to sign in, only the jde.log showed an expired E1loca password. So we followed he instructions to reset and recover this password and that problem was resolved. I was able to sign in and function normally on 4/19 and 4/20. However, yesterday 4/22, this error and the jde.log message regarding ORA-01033 began occurring.

Any thoughts on how to proceed and resolve this 'ORACLE initizliation or shutdown in progress error?

We are on E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7.

Beginning yesterday, 4/21, I began receiving the error 'Unable to connect to E1Local' when trying to log into my fat client. In the jde.log it shows the error 'ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress'. If I press OK on the pop up error, it will reappear about 20 times then appear to let you in, however any action continues to pop up the Unable to connect to E1Local.

Coincidentally or not, two days prior, I received a similar message when trying to sign in, only the jde.log showed an expired E1loca password. So we followed he instructions to reset and recover this password and that problem was resolved. I was able to sign in and function normally on 4/19 and 4/20. However, yesterday 4/22, this error and the jde.log message regarding ORA-01033 began occurring.

Any thoughts on how to proceed and resolve this 'ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress error?

ORACLE initialization or shutdown means your database E1local DB is not up and running fine.

You can check our article http://www.jdee1tips.com/#!JD-Edwards-Standalone-E920-Troubleshooting-guide/esfmi/56b5aa210cf2b4e0b61d2d77 one of the cause is mentioned here

If access denied error message appears in the alert log file, make sure to provide the required permission to the Folders mentioned in the article to E1local DB user

If this is not helping, check the alert log and let us know the error message. We will try to help you !

Location of alert log : C:\Oracle\diag\rdbms\e1local\e1local\alert

Log name : log.xml

Last edited:
I did review your document but did not see any issue with our listener or tnsnames that it mentioned to review. We also tried restarting the listener service. Also, we did not see any Access denied messages. I am attaching the log.xml. I've looked at it but not sure what I am looking for exactly.

I am also working with Oracle support. Their suggestion was to retry the process to recover a lost/corrupted e1local password. However, when we get to the step where you perform an SQL to select or alter data in the database, it receives the error 'ORA-01109: database not open'.

Attachments

• log (2).txt
    4.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I did review your document but did not see any issue with our listener or tnsnames that it mentioned to review. We also tried restarting the listener service. Also, we did not see any Access denied messages. I am attaching the log.xml. I've looked at it but not sure what I am looking for exactly.

I am also working with Oracle support. Their suggestion was to retry the process to recover a lost/corrupted e1local password. However, when we get to the step where you perform an SQL to select or alter data in the database, it receives the error 'ORA-01109: database not open'.

The database is not up here so you cant alter the system password.

We have to resolve the error "ORA-01109: database not open" to bring your E1local database up.

Last edited:

The below error message is the cause for your issue . Because of this issue your E1local DB is not getting started.

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcratr_nab_less_than_odr], [1], [531], [58266], [58274], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

This issue can happened due to bad restart of the machine or something has corrupted.

Try to check with your DBA to resolve this issue , in most of the case the below document will help to resolve the issue. You can give a try

Master Note for Diagnosing ORA-600 (Doc ID 1092832.1)

Last edited:
Back