Debugging BSFN using ObjectBrowser on TR 9.1.5.3

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi folks,

For ages I've been switching logging on and running a BSFN via ObjectBrowser in order to get a log for examination.
I was on TR 9.1.0.3

Now we have upgraded to TR 9.1.5.3 and I cannot get a log out no matter what I do.

I use OW.info to toggle logging/off and then ObjectBrowser to run a BSFN.

Has anyone else noticed this and, save for writing your own quick test APPL etc, how do you guys test/log the actions of BSFNs?

I'm just confused because I've done it this way for years.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

What happens if you manually update the JDE.INI setting to Output=FILE, save, then restart Object Browser?

Craig

Hi Craig

Same mate.

I installed NERDup today, but I can't imagine that causing issues?
I've restarted my FAT twice since then

Odd. Does activeConsole produce a debug log with the setting turned on? Any chance your DebugFile setting is pointing somewhere you're not expecting?

Hi Craig,

I can get a jdedebug.log from activeconsole. I can't get one from ObjectBrowser anymore.
This is my ini

[DEBUG]
TAMMultiUserOn=0
Output=FILE
ServerLog=0
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ
DebugFile=c:\jdedebug.log
JobFile=c:\jde.log
Frequency=10000
LogErrors=TRUE

John, I don't have that TR handy but can't reproduce this on earlier or later ones. Can you examine the process in JDETrace? The processes tab should list objectbrowser.exe and displays the debug log filename and the debug status. You can toggle the tracing status there as well. Curious to see what that says.

Craig

Cool

Pop up error

Error: Cannot determine tracing log format
I dont' JDEtrace much, maybe I should :)

Ok sorted

The issue is the debuglog is jdedebug_5188_041916.log not jdedebug.log

Seems to be ok now. My CNC did do something for me, so maybe they fixed it

The debug log filename will include the process # and date when there are multiple JDE processes running. that's where JDETrace can be useful since it shows the filename by process and you can toggle tracing by process. The error you saw happens when you try to analyze a debug file that is empty or does not have recognized debug info.

Yeah it's been great for that. So thanks.

CNC did make a few tweaks to my ini file to get this to work. So i think the new TR must have wiped a few settings I'd made before.

Back