Check Data Selection/Sequence System Function

arepalli

Hi,

Can Any one tell me How To Use Check Data Selection/Sequence System Function.I tried It to Check Weather the Data Item is availabbe in the given Selection/Sequence But i'm not able see the Result.Please Can any one help on this.

Is this useful?

CheckDataSelection/Sequence
Last Modified: B733
CheckDataSelection/Sequence performs a search to see whether a given data item exists within the data selection or data sequencing for a given section of a report. This allows the user to perform certain logic if that data item does or does not exist.

Parameters

Parameter
Description
I/O
Required
Notes

Group\Version

The report template, version name
I

N

If any of the parameters is blank or NULL, current report/version will be used.

Section

Section ID

I

Y

This parameter must be a valid section from the chosen report.

Flag

This flag determines whether the data item will be searched for with the data selection or data sequencing.

I

Y

Data Item

This is the data item that will be searched for.

I

Y

Result

This is the where the return value for the function will be stored. If, after the function is called, this value is zero, then the data item was not found. Otherwise, it will contain the position at which the data item was first encountered.

O

Y

Return Values

Return Value
Description

None

Special Handling Instructions and Prerequisites

This function is useful in the init section to determine whether to append or replace data selection/sequencing. Based on the design, it can also be used to check if the data selection was overwritten at the version level or not.

Related Function

Function Name
Function Description
Source Name
Description

SetSelection

Set Data Selection

SetSequencing

Set Data Sequencing

UseDataSel/SeqFromASection

Copy Data Selection/Sequencing from another section

Thanku John,

Im Just Checking How to use that system function.Here the problem is I have passed the all the parameter as above and in Result tab I have passed RV to know the value but after the function triggered that RV value is showing blank value....So, can u pis help on this.

Thanks,
sri.

Back