JDE XE Version - User Disabled -1

SAN29

Dear all,
Hope you're fine!

Yesterday, when I change one user to "Disable" status, all of the users change to "Disabled" status automatically and the "Change Fequency" change to -1 value, when the common value is 60 days.
I have found any unusual thing inside the JDE system regarding to this matter.
Can I get your help with this issue?

Many thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Did you verify that when you were to select the USER ID on the form where you select USER/ROLE you did not in error select a global or *public role? The disabling functionality is usually very low level complexity. And the "Change Frequency" that you reference is the password change frequency, correct?

Anyway, perhaps you can try disabling the user as a test in PY before doing it in PD. If all else fails you could always assign that user to a specific role and then populate the role expiration date field accordingly.

Anyway, perhaps you can try disabling the user as a test in PY before doing it in PD. If all else fails you could always assign that user to a specific role and then populate the role expiration date field accordingly.
User ID's and security are across all environments - so unless you've created multiple "system" datasources (which isn't a standard methodology) - you can't disable a user in one environment as opposed to another. Also, in Xe (the original posters version), there aren't any roles.

Hi. See below excerpt from (Doc ID 626599.1) for when roles were introduced into JDE. Of course the concept and reality became more robust with subsequent release. And yes in some instances where it was required to minimize risk during an implementation and based upon post-implementation security requirements and needs, I have created multiple security configurations to allow what I have recommended. Thanks very much for your input.

"Overview: Roles were introduced with the software release Xe."

For the interest of full clarification...to fully expand the full sentence in Document ID 626599.1 : "Roles were introduced with the software release Xe. However, the functionality of roles was limited to task filtering with Solution Explorer. Beginning with EnterpriseOne 8.9, this functionality has been greatly expanded to provide role functionality throughout the software."

Roles weren't able to do what you suggested in your post in Xe or 8.0 - ie, "assign that user to a specific role and then populate the role expiration date field accordingly" - the user can only be a member of a single group, which did not have a role expiration date.

No, the only way to introduce "roles" in the way you're referring to, is to use a 3rd party solution such as QSoftware.

There are SOME customers that created multiple F00950 security tables. But it should never be assumed that all Xe customers have this non-standard configuration.

Of course today, since the Roles were introduced in 8.9 and subsequent versions greatly expanded the functionality, you do not need multiple security setups, since each role can be configured to be environment-specific.

Thanks again for the comments. Let me explain the specific circumstances. (1) User Group: When required to do so for business purposes our practice was to create multiple user id for a sole user taking into account, in this case, the XE functionality. This permitted designated users to have many roles. (2) Security F00950 Table: In certain cases, even today with the latest releases, when driven by client business needs, multiple security tables are created.

Back