Compare versions list vs. specs

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a SQL that would allow me to compare the versions table in an environment vs. the spec tables to determine if specs for versions in the versions table actually exist in an environment.

Thanks!

You can look at the F983051 and, in the case of a UBEVER object, the F98761 to see if the record exists in a specific environment (that shouldn't be hard to work out - use UTB to open each table, and check to see if the VERS name is in F98761).

But if you're trying to actually look at the information in the BLOB to compare, for example, if a version in DV is the same configuration as a version in PD - then you're not going to be able to do this through SQL.

Instead, thats what Processing Option Commander and Data Selection Commander were developed for by Everest Software. Then you can output lots of information to Excel/CSV and then compare the versions. Otherwise, you'll have to do this in the toolset itself.

Hello,

Thanks, I was just wondering if anyone had a SQL that would compare the F983051 table vs. the specs table (F98761) to see if records exist.

I don't need to pull the actual Data Selection out of the specs or the Processing Options out of the F983051.

I will come up with something. I just figured I'd check here before I started working on this myself.

Thanks.

Back