Power Browse Search - 2 Grids

coolkl

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I have a requirement where I plan to use power Browse form. I have created simple Power forms earlier but this one feels tricky. We need an inquiry on Items. User will enter description of any item and this will list all items matching that description on the Grid. This is similar to Item Word Search. Now I want to add another grid which shows all the Details for the items which is shown in the first parent grid. Earlier power form I did, User entered Customer number on form and related details were shown on two grids from different tables. Here I don't have the key on Form Header, but need to take it from Grid Records. When I pass the GC / GB Item number to mapping link, In subform its shows null. I tried this a Post Dialogue and also selecting a Grid Row and clicking a custom "Find Button". But the subform Grid shows all the Item Records and not the ones in the Parent Grid.

Is this doable ? Any Idea, anything i need to try.

Thanks All for reading & suggestions. Let me know if any additional information required.

Hope you set Form 1 as parent and Form 2 as child.
Write code in the Row Selected event of the first grid.

1. Notify child.
2. Trigger find action.

I tried the suggestion and it works on Row Selected event. But in this case Child form display data only for the row selected from Parent form. Is it possible to display all records from Parent form into the child form. Since mapping link is ex Item number. So if the word search shows 10 items on Parent grid. The detail should show records for all 10 item numbers based on view attached.

Do the same logic of Parent form in the Child form.
That is, how do you get all the records in parent form, do the same in child form.

Back