JDE GL High Volume

amsr

Hi,
We have a new business case where there is a possibility of 80 Million records hitting the F0911 each year and expecting a growth rate of 10% YOY. We are on JDE 9.1 on Oracle DB. Does any one have a similar experience? What are the performance issues?

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

The F0911 is typically one of the tables that always generates a high record count. You should investigate the purge and archive feature functionality and test this as an integral step in the annual financial close procedures. Regardless of performance, which can differ widely based upon a number of factors that are specific to your install, a purge and archive policy for all of the high record count tables is a valuable tool.

Thanks Al. The problem is this is not the data accumulated over years but we are expecting 80 Million into F0911 each year. I know proper Indexing would do but do you foresee any performance issues.

Thanks

Based upon my experience with performance over the years, I do not foresee any major issues. However, I would institute a procedure to track and document performance at frequent intervals and as soon as any degradation is apparent, you will be able to implement corrective measures before it results in negative impact on business operations and user confidence.

Number of records is only one factor in performance. You need to look at how and when those records are created and what the business does with them once they are created.

So if you generate F0911 records regularly through the day and don't really do any inquiries or reporting using them plus keep your integrities pretty tight (say the last couple of periods) then the only thing you really need to consider would be storage and even then it won't be that much.

Alternatively if you create a large volume of transactions in batch (eg a large payroll run) and you have a lot of users inquiring and reporting against historical transactions then you're going to have all sorts of performance considerations.

The reality is that each scenario is going to be unique so it will just be a suck it and see situation. Until you can see what the patterns are like you're only going to be able to do so much DB tuning.

Every customer that we've worked with that has large transactions volumes has large enterprise hardware to handle those transactions plus experienced in house DBA's that actively monitor and tune their systems.

Thanks Russel.
The transactions come from a third party using interfaces.
Inquiries are limited
Need these GL Trans for Recon purposes.

Any more inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

Take a look at available solutions within some of the JDE utilities with your Technical colleagues, such as P98613 Database Caching, to determine if a proof of concept, or business case can be drafted, configured and tested as a potential solution when required. It is always advised to be as proactive as your are demonstrating here so that emergencies can be avoided or met head on if encountered.

Back