R42565 - One Invoice per shipment on the same DOCO

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi list,

Every now and again we have an issue with R42565 whereby if we have an order with multiple lines for different items (so different shipments) we can get a joined up/merged invoice for the order.

What we would like is one invoice per shipment on the DOCO

This causes us issues as our customer doesn't like the fact we merge the invoice.

I think this happens if the lines are fulfilled and ready to go at the same time.

Thanks

John

Last edited:
As one step in your process to test potential solutions, verify that the "invoice consolidation" check box is unchecked on Billing Page 1 tab in the Customer Master.

Bump as this has raised it's head again

Is there anyway to get R42565 to split invoices per shipment

any luck with printing one invoice?
I am looking for a way to have one invoice per business unit. In our org, a single Sales order have lines with different business unit. It is required to have different invoice per branch(MCU) in the same sales order.
So to do that,
I added a new section based on same view as V4211J (Phase 1 - Build Work File). It calls section Phase 1 - Build Work File on LBH of MCU. Well, this poor design serves the basic purpose of having different invoice number for each MCU within that order. However if a user adds more data selection on that new section, it is not inherited by main section (Phase 1 - Build Work File). I tried copying data selection within the section but it messes up further.

Has anyone done this before?
If I revert back to base JDE design, and then add code in Phase 1 - Build Work File section to check if business unit is changed, if changed then new invoice number else same, would serve the purpose?

This development is on custom ube, copied from R42565. just a note.. :)

Thanks,
Khaleesi
JDE E1 9.2
Tools 9.2.5.3

Last edited:
I found this in one of the Oracle FAQs:

<<

Question 1: When an order has multiple branch plants with a different shipment number per branch plant, can Invoice Print (R42565) be setup to send a different invoice for each shipment?​

Answer 1: This can be accomplished by creating separate versions of Invoice Print (R42565) with data selection by Sales Detail Branch Plant (F4211.MCU). This will allow separate invoices with different invoice numbers to be printed for different branch plants.
>>

We have a similar requirement for a unique invoice per shipment. But the above suggestion isn't really practical for us. We already have about 20 invoice versions and if we had to multiple that by 100 distribution centers, it becomes too much to maintain manually and keep everything straight.

I would suggest to write an UBE with same BSVW and then build the section w/ break level by Shipment# or Branch#, then in this level break, you call the R42565, sending the same data selection + individuals shipment numbers or Branches from the break level, this way it would call the R42565 by # of Shipments or # of Branches.

Answer - We needed different invoice numbers for different MCUs in the same order.
For that I added below code where it decides to split the Invoice Number based on DOCO/DCTO/KCOO.

All these 3 parts are at different places within "Phase 1 - Build Work File" Do Section

// added below code to have different invoice
// number on different business unit on sales order detail line
If VA rpt_57StoreBusinessUnit_MCU is not equal to BC Business Unit (F4211)(MCU)
VA rpt_57BusinessUnitChanged_EV01 = "1"
Else
VA rpt_57BusinessUnitChanged_EV01 = "0"
End If
// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
// Set 'ON' the New Invoice flag if the Sales Order has changed
// or the Invoice has changed, and Invoice Consolidation if 'OFF'
// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If VA evt_cSalesOrderChanged_EV01 is equal to "1" Or VA evt_cSalesInvoiceChanged_EV01 is equal to "1" Or VA rpt_57BusinessUnitChanged_EV01 is equal to "1"
// this sets new invoice flag

Also added code in one of the F42565.Select operation.

If RV New Invoice Flag WF is equal to "1"
RV Store Order Number WF = BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F4211)(DOCO)
RV Store Curr Code WF = BC Currency Code - From (F4211)(CRCD)
// added below statement to store Current MCU
VA rpt_57StoreBusinessUnit_MCU = BC Business Unit (F4211)(MCU)
End If

// End Custom code

Hope this helps for who is looking for diff Invoice number on same DOCO+KCOO combo.

We've been using a custom invoicing program for a long time because of this requirement to have a different invoice number for each shipment. We were hoping we could eliminate it and go back to using vanilla, but it looks like that's still not possible. Thanks for the different suggestions for modifying vanilla.

FYI - There is now an enhancement request (#14613 R42565 Invoice by Shipment Number) on Quest for this:

Community and Resources for Oracle's Business Technology Users (questoraclecommunity.org)

If you are a Quest member and would like to see this implemented, please login and prioritize it.

Thanks,
Ellen

Apologies folks

I can't remember how or even if we solved this. We may have solved it via EDI maybe? Not sure. Sorry

Back