UBE on Demo 9.2

Kumars

Hi,

I am unable to run BV from Fat client 9.2 Demo..., no response when I do data selection. Not sure what went wrong with my installation (on Win8.1)..! Any of you had this issue? Any tricks to run UBEs from web..!? Please suggest with fix or work-around.

Thanks.

Question 6: Is it possible to run UBEs, embedded XML Publisher (XMLP - BI Publisher) Report Definitions or Plant Management Dashboard (PMD) from Standalone Web interface?

Answer:

All three processes (UBE, embedded XMLP / BIP, PMD) need to be run on the Enterprise Server. The Standalone version does NOT include server processes.

In newer versions (EnterpriseOne 9.0 or 9.1 Standalone), there are workarounds to set the UBEs (and consequently PMD) to run locally on the Standalone machine when launched from the Web client, however these workarounds are currently not within Oracle Support's scope.

Currently there is no workaround to make the XMLP processes run on E1 Standalone, just like they cannot be run locally on a normal Windows (FAT) client in a full install.

Refer to Document 653633.1 E1: XMLP: Installing XML Publisher on a Standalone (Demo) EnterpriseOne Installation and Document 1374813.1 E1: UBE: Error "Local Submission Is Not Supported From Skinny Batch Versions/Menus - when submitting UBE from Standalone Client.

Hi,

I am unable to run BV from Fat client 9.2 Demo..., no response when I do data selection. Not sure what went wrong with my installation (on Win8.1)..! Any of you had this issue? Any tricks to run UBEs from web..!? Please suggest with fix or work-around.

Thanks.

Hi Kumar,

Lets focus on your report issue, why you are not able to run the report from Fat client E920.

Its works fine for us and everyone. so It should work for you as well.

Please check the jde.log whether you are getting any error message and let us know whether you are facing this issue for all the reports or some reports only?

Best Regards
JDEE1Tips
www.JDEE1Tips.com

Thank you, RSVConsulting.

Do you have troubles launching UBE from fat client\local also in 9.2demo? I do have it. As mentioned, UBE does not respond beyond data selection. Also processing option does not respond from fat client. Please let me know if it works good for you.

I understand that we cannot launch UBE from web from 8.11 standalone onwards. However, I remember I did something on 8.11 or 8.12 standalone to defy that by simply modifying JDBC or JDE.ini or something of that sort. I forgot that though.. :(

Thanks.

Question 6: Is it possible to run UBEs, embedded XML Publisher (XMLP - BI Publisher) Report Definitions or Plant Management Dashboard (PMD) from Standalone Web interface?

Answer:

All three processes (UBE, embedded XMLP / BIP, PMD) need to be run on the Enterprise Server. The Standalone version does NOT include server processes.

In newer versions (EnterpriseOne 9.0 or 9.1 Standalone), there are workarounds to set the UBEs (and consequently PMD) to run locally on the Standalone machine when launched from the Web client, however these workarounds are currently not within Oracle Support's scope.

Currently there is no workaround to make the XMLP processes run on E1 Standalone, just like they cannot be run locally on a normal Windows (FAT) client in a full install.

Refer to Document 653633.1 E1: XMLP: Installing XML Publisher on a Standalone (Demo) EnterpriseOne Installation and Document 1374813.1 E1: UBE: Error "Local Submission Is Not Supported From Skinny Batch Versions/Menus - when submitting UBE from Standalone Client.

By default, the web client in Standalone will not run UBEs. This is as per design of the software in standalone/demo version.

For EnterpriseOne standalone releases, the fat client batch versions will have to be used to submit reports. Submitting UBE versions from the web client is not functional with 8.11 and higher release Standalone. Currently this is a known limitation with the standalone release and functions as designed.

The following instruction is the setup to allow for running of UBE from web interface standalone 9.2.
————————————————————————————–
1. Start E1 Solution Explorer.

2. Go to command prompt and type HOSTNAME to determine your local PC local host name.

3. Go to P986115 – Row exit until the maintenance form for “Data Source Revisions”
Change “Logical Server Name” to the local HOSTNAME.
Change “Server Map Data Source Name” to “System Local”
Click OK to update.

4. Reboot. Start E1 Solution Explorer.

5. Go to P98616 and define the DEFAULT printer with the default paper size.
Setup DEFAULT printer via P98616 for the local HOSTNAME.
Setup for for HOSTNAME, (local). This will allow you to submit UBE from web-client.
*PUBLIC *ALL *ALL *ALL \\corprts1\devprn1 YEOIBMT43 AV

6. in JDE.ini change [SECURITY] section to
SecurityServer=local HOSTNAME

Reboot. Start E1 Solution Explorer. Start E1 Web.
Thats all.

p.s. All reports will be in PrintQueue folder.

Last edited:
Image 003.jpg Hi SStarovoytov
It's working and the Report PDF also in the print queue folder, but I can't see any records in the Submitted Job Search.
Any solution can solve it?

Sorry - I have not solution to see submitted reports in the Submitted Job Search.
Only can see them in PrintQueue folder - but for me is not a problem :)
I also waiting solution to see submitted reports in carousel "Last report"

Works Great

Thanks SStarovoytov. I know this is an older post but I just installed 9.2 Standalone and these instructions were exactly what I needed.

Back