Kitting on web orders using XML Call Object

Prathiba

Hi Everyone,

We create JDE sales orders from the e-commerce website using XML interoperability solution. This has been in place for years and works well. Now, we are trying to implement kit orders on the website. So, kit items are setup on the website and when the kit item is sent on the order, the order generated does not have the kit blown into its components. We have tested that the same version of P4210 called by the web process works fine when order is entered directly in JDE, blowing the kit into its components. After looking at the web process, it appears like the original process might not have all the necessary components to handle kits.

Have anyone implemented kits on their ecommerce solution? If so, would you be able to help provide us some direction on the JDE business functions and parameters that need to be called to make it work.

Based on my research, we tried running the business function KitsInBatchMode after F4211FSEditLine, but we get below errors. Not sure if there is more that needs to be done before/after calling this bsfn or if this is not the right one!

<errors>
<error code="0003">Error: Blanks Invalid</error>
<error code="0553">Error: Kit Not Set Up Completely</error>
</errors>

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prathibha Hanumali

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.11SP1 Tools 8.98.4
AS400 V6R1

Hi,

You may want to have a look at R47011. That's the EDI UBE for sales orders and it handles kits. Run an order through that and trace the debug log, you should see how the functions are called.

Craig

Thanks for the suggestion. I will work on that and try to identify what is needed. In fact I had reviewed R47011 business functions to find KitsInBatchMode. Analyzing the logs should provide a better picture.

Prathibha

Hi,

You may want to have a look at R47011. That's the EDI UBE for sales orders and it handles kits. Run an order through that and trace the debug log, you should see how the functions are called.

Craig

Were you ever able to implement kit processing with the XML interoperability?

Back