Adding a new index to a JDE table

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0, tools release 9.1.4.7, oracle 11g database.

My question is around adding a new index to a standard JDE table. For performance reasons related to a new process, we may need to add a new index to the F0411. It seems though that when you go into the FDA and add a new index, the only option in OMW appears to be the Generate Indexes, which would rebuild all indexes over the F0411. Is there a way in JDE to only generate a specific index, such as the new one I've just added.

I really don't want to have all of the existing indexes recreated, I would think there would be a way to generate just a specific index.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe you can do this using P95150. Other options are calling business function B9800200 or using SQL to generate it. If you use SQL, be sure that it matches what E1 does.

Wouldn't DBAs normally do this outside of E1?

We only build them in E1 here if it's needed for Event Rule sorting etc.

We test a new index's effects on performance by creating it outside of E1.

Then, if things go well, we built it in E1 so that when upgrades happen the index is defined in the app and can be easily re-created.

Is it really possible to create and generate a specific index using P95150 ?

If so, can anyone provide a step by step process to add a new index and then generate thru P95150.

Oracle simply provided already known document explaining how to drop an index but nothing about new index.

Thank you for all anticipated responses!

aaro

E1 - all versions till 9.10

The way I use P95150 is to create the index in Table Design Aid in OMW. It will show up in P95150. You select the index and use the 'Generate Selected Index' button.

Of course, you need to do the correct CNC related things like package builds, testing, promotions to keep each environment in synch with the databases. You really don't want to mess with JDE tables and indexes unless you understand all the ramifications.

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this...

Can P96150 be used to bring in physical indexes on the DB into specs in E1?
As the 'Update indicies on table' has arrows flowing both ways????

I ask as I can see both E1 and DB based indices on the right hand screen

Back