Standalone 9.2 installation

reivilo78

reivilo78

Well Known Member
Anyone succeeded in installing the recently released Standalone 9.2 ?
So far I managed to install the database following the same procedure as for the Standalone 9.1, but the JD Edwards Client installation (step 2) failed because of a problem with Weblogic server not being installed. I tried to uninstall and reinstall that part but right now i am stuck because even after uninstalling, the installer refuses to reinstall because it seems to think that the client is installed.

I am on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Hi,

I Installed JDE 9.2 Standalone Successfully.
Note : From 9.2 OC4J is removed, so first we have to install Oracle Weblogic server using 32 bit JDK.This is the major difference when compare to 9.1 standalone installation.
Follow the below steps to install 9.2 standalone successfully

1. Install 32 bit JDK
2. Install Oracle Weblogic Server (no need to create domain)
3. Install Oracle 12c 32 bit client
4. Install E1local 12c
5. Install standalone client
Note : During the installation provide the weblogic password for configuring the Local Web.

Post Installation Task : Copy the tnsnames.ora from E1local to Oracle 12c 32 bit client

Hope this will help you!!!

thanks alot, i will try that. THere are two editions it seems for weblogic server, enterprise and standard edition. It should work with standard ?

Olivier

Hi Oliver,

I installed the below component for Oracle Weblogic Enterprise Edition.Its works fine.
V78153-01.zip
Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (12.2.1.0.0) WebLogic Server and Coherence

Hi Karthick and Reivilo,

I have downloaded 9.2 standalone(4 zip folders almost 6+GB files ) from update center.

According to Karthick mentioned steps.JDE, Weblogic, Oracle 12 c client and E1Local needs to be downloaded separately?

It would be much help , Please provide steps/Procedures to install the Standalone 9.2

1. Install 32 bit JDK
2. Install Oracle Weblogic Server (no need to create domain)
3. Install Oracle 12c 32 bit client
4. Install E1local 12c

Regards,
babu

Last edited:
Hi Babu,

You can download the 9.2 Standalone Setup files from edelivery.

Enter the product as "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne System Foundation" and download the below Standalone files.

V97803-01-zip, V97804-01-zip, V97805-01-zip, V97806-01-zip

And also you have to download 32 bit Oracle DB client (V47124-01.Zip), 32 bit JDK (JDK-8U60-windows-i585.exe) & Oracle Weblogic Server 12c

V78153-01.zip Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c WebLogic Server and Coherence

Hope it will help you!!!

Best Regards
Karthick
JDE CNC

Hi Babu,

First download & Install 32 bit JDK or JRE – JDK-8U60-windows-i585.exe

Second download & Install Oracle Weblogic Server V78153-01.zip Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c WebLogic Server and Coherence

Third download & Install V47124-01.Zip Oracle 12c 32 bit client

Now Unzip the four files V97803-01-zip, V97804-01-zip, V97805-01-zip, V97806-01-zip and follow the below instructions to make as one folder

1. Move the contents from folder V97805-01-01 to folder V97806-01
  2. Move the contents from folder V97804-01-01 to folder V97803-01
  3. Now Move the contents from folder V97806-01-01 to folder V97803-01/Thirdparty/Oracle
Note : Now rename the Folder V97803-01 as standalone. It has the correct structured installation files.

Install the JD Edwards E920 Standalone client, during the installation for configuring Local web on weblogic provide the weblogic password.

Best Regards

sorry, i did not manage to install it yet, I have uninstalled everything now and i am trying to install in the same order that karthickCNC mentioned.

Hi Karthick,

I copied the tnsnames.ora file after installed the 12c DB but not at the end after installed standalone client, and does this make difference ? I keep getting " can not connect the database" at the step package selection when try to install standalone client, and can my copy step make this happen ? Thanks !

Hi Babu,

First download & Install 32 bit JDK or JRE – JDK-8U60-windows-i585.exe

Second download & Install Oracle Weblogic Server V78153-01.zip Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c WebLogic Server and Coherence

Third download & Install V47124-01.Zip Oracle 12c 32 bit client

Now Unzip the four files V97803-01-zip, V97804-01-zip, V97805-01-zip, V97806-01-zip and follow the below instructions to make as one folder

1. Move the contents from folder V97805-01-01 to folder V97806-01
  2. Move the contents from folder V97804-01-01 to folder V97803-01
  3. Now Move the contents from folder V97806-01-01 to folder V97803-01/Thirdparty/Oracle
Note : Now rename the Folder V97803-01 as standalone. It has the correct structured installation files.

Install the JD Edwards E920 Standalone client, during the installation for configuring Local web on weblogic provide the weblogic password.

Best Regards

Hi Karthick,
I have Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Installed JDK.After that didnot get through Install Oracle Weblogic Server. Tried few options did not succeeded :(.

Getting error message.

"Unable to modify the registry"
Weblogic installation.jpg
Please find the screen shot.

Regards,
babu

Hi Karthick,
I have Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Installed JDK.After that didnot get through Install Oracle Weblogic Server. Tried few options did not succeeded :(.

Getting error message.

"Unable to modify the registry"
View attachment 18149
Please find the screen shot.

Regards,
babu

Hi Karthick,

Please ignore previous post. It is resloved. Opened CMD in admin mode.

Regards,
babu

Hi,

Its a known issue.

Cause : OUI Installer is not able to connect to E1local DB because of wrong Entry in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora under location (X:/Oracle/E1local/Network/ADMIN)

Issue can be verified: Open command Prompt and type : tnsping E1llocal --> tns Ping will not be successful.

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

You have to edit the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora file under location X:/Oracle/E1local/Network

1. Edit the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora files with Machine name as "Hostname" Instead of IP or localhost.
2. Restart the E1local DB and Listener services from Services.msc.
Note: Even Restart the machine will be the perfect solution!!!

Hope this help you!!!

I got the exact same issue. Here are some of the details

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS

1.Installed 32 bit JDK 7U90 - Success
2.Installed 64 bit Oracle WebLogic 12c Enterprise Edition - Success
3.Installed 32 bit Oracle 12c Database Client - Success
4.Installed E1Local database server - Success (updated the path code to use the 32 bit client and copied the tnsnames.ora to the 32bit client folder)
5.Installing JDE Application - Failed says unable to connect to database

when I check the services the E1Local service and the Listener are running fine, but when do a tnsping it gives an messegae that no listener are running. Not sure if I have misses any step here.

when I am Installing E1local 12c it is asking to create a user, use existing user or windows Build-In .
What do I need to use?
Alos, where Do I need to configure and provide weblogic password?
I am sorry I am not very technical

I am installing E1local 12c and it is asking to pick an account- windows account, create new account or use windows build-in account. What should I pick and where do I need to provide weblogic data?

I can not find 32bit JDK on Java Oracle website. Could someone let me know if I can use 86x or send a link where I can download 32bit versions?

thanks karthick, I am still not able to install the webdev client. I did install the weblogic server successfully, but the webdev client installation seems to fail because it looks for the weblogic server in my c:\E910_1\ directory instead of the c:\oracle\middleware where it actually is.
I tried to launch the setup program directly from C:\Standalone_9.20\ThirdParty\webdevfeature\WLSH4A\install, and then manually changing the home directory to the c:\oracle\middleware, but then I got a java version mismatch message in the logs.
I finally tried to install the client manually by following the steps from the guide "JD_Edwards_EnterpriseOne_9.1.4_Replacing_OC4J_with_WebLogic_Server_12c_on_Development_Client" found on Oracle Support, but even after following all the steps, webdev client still wasnt working. I can connect without problems to the fat client though, it's just that the web isn"t working.

Back