Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JDE 9.2 Release questions

The Simplified Upgrade does not support upgrades from releases prior to 9.0 Update 2.
    Al Marmero
    E1 9.1 update 2 | TR 9.1.5.5

Hi Alex, RSVConsulting and Glen,

Thank you all for your valuable response. I will get back if I need anything more.
    @ RSVConsulting, I will talk to the CNC and check with the setup.
    Thanks and regards,

Mahesh P. Bongale

JDE Technical Consultant.
    PCB Apps. India Pvt. Ltd.

Beginning with Tools Release 9.2, two types of Upgrades are available: Traditional Upgrade and Simplified Upgrade.

Traditional Upgrade is the only type of upgrade available in releases prior to Tools Release 9.2. This type of upgrade performs a comprehensive method of updating the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne code set because it replaces the entire set of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects. All code objects that have been customized must be retrofitted with these changes.

Simplified Upgrade is a new type of upgrade starting from Tools Release 9.2. Whereas a Traditional Upgrade process replaces all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects, the Simplified Upgrade process identifies and replaces only specific standard JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects that have changed between from EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 or 9.1 applications release levels to EnterpriseOne 9.2 application Release level.
    NOTE: Simplified Upgrade path is available only for customers upgrading from EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 and EnterpriseOne 9.1.x applications release levels. The Simplified Upgrade does not support upgrades from releases prior to EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2.
    Al Marmero
    E1 9.1 update 2 | TR 9.1.5.5

ok - this thread is confusing for most people. I'm editing this for clarification.

There are two upgrade processes - the simplified upgrade process and the traditional upgrade process.

The Traditional Upgrade process allows Xe/8.0/8.12/9.0/9.1 to be upgraded to 9.2

The Simplified Upgrade Process is only for 9.0.2 and 9.1 customers

If you're on any version prior to Xe (B733/B7331/B7332) - you need to upgrade to Xe first, and then upgrade to 9.2

If you're on 8.9/8.10/8.11 - you need to upgrade to 9.1 first and then upgrade to 9.2. The "second" upgrade could be a simplified upgrade.

Alternatively, you can do a fresh installation, and use Boomerang to bring over objects and versions in a single-hop process from ANY release. The issue that remains are the table conversions - and the CORRECT "data-only" upgrade process is to perform a two-hop table-conversion from the prior release to 9.2 - though I have discovered that all the table conversions are actually in 9.2 for all releases.

Why did Oracle get rid of 8.9/8.10/8.11 upgrade support ? Those versions have been out of support for a long time, and this was to underline the fact that those customers still on those versions have had plenty of time to upgrade. Oracle doesn't want to indefinitely support the table-conversion objects of many, many releases - so they removed the default plans for 8.9/8.10/8.11 upgrades.

This definitely means that Xe/8.0 and 8.12 will likely be dropped for the next major upgrade that comes along in 3-5 years time. So if you're on ANY version prior to 9.1, you should DEFINITELY be planning your upgrade before it becomes too complicated....
    Last edited by altquark; 03-16-2016 at 09:32 AM. Reason: clarification
    Jon Steel
    EnterpriseOne/SOA Technical Architect
    erpSOURCING LLC
    http://www.erpsourcing.com
    cto@spla.sh
    24/7 Assistance - (904) 382 5701

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the bringing clarity on this topic and its much more clear now. I would like to know more on " Alternatively, you can do a fresh installation, and use Boomerang to bring over objects and versions in a single-hop process from ANY release. The issue that remains are the table conversions - and the CORRECT "data-only" upgrade process is to perform a two-hop table-conversion from the prior release to 9.2 - though I have discovered that all the table conversions are actually in 9.2 for all releases."

So in our case where we have to go from JDE World to JDE E1 9.2 release and would like to check if Boomerang is effective way of managing the upgrade or traditional way of JDE World to Xe and then from JDE Xe to JDE 9.2...? Anyone who can share their experiences on this case would be appreciated.

I have also came across the e-guide at (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E61420_01/EOIMG/toc.htm) and as mentioned in the document is it still not possible to do direct migration from JDE World to JDE E1 9.2..?

I hope to get more and more clarity and clear the confusion on this topic.

Thanks ...!

JDEE1JB

Hello Larry,

Hope you are doing good.Can you please help me find documents which i can refer for jde xe to 9.2 upgrade using traditional approach.
    Your help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

There is an Oracle Doc (745937.1) which spells out all the steps for migration of World to EnterpriseOne. Some versions, like A7.3 with at least cume 9 can migrate directly to E1 9.2. Other versions, like A8.1 and A9.1, there is no direct path. You have to migrate to Xe or E1 9.1 before upgrading to E1 9.2.
    Ken Wong
    Certified in CNC Implementation and Oracle Cloud Architect
    B73.1.1 through E920
    DB2/400, Oracle, SQL Server
    AS/400, Linux, Windows, Citrix, OAS/WebLogic, WebSphere
    AIS, One View, Orchestrator, UPK
    VMWare, AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud

Mengesh, there are the standard guides:

E55758 - Upgrade Guide for Windows/SQL Server
    E55762 - Upgrade Guide for Windows/Oracle
    E55779 - Upgrade Guide for Linux/Oracle
    E55864 - Upgrade Guide for iSeries