JDE DEMO Stand Alone 9.1 Setup Files are Gone from E-Delivery

I wish Standalone WAS a full version with demo data in a set of VirtualBox VMs (Deployment Server/Database server, E1 Server, JAS server, Dev Client). I am not a consultant but there have been times when it would be nice to have access to a lab type environment were I can test or try things that I would not be able to do on my organizations install.

Boster : Thats what they have with microsoft dynamics ax, they just download the vm images from microsoft knowledge garden. However , the files are huge opposed to 4 gb stanfalone, and i guess they have less problems with the various licenses, the vms being on windows (you would at least need one windows vm for jde too for fat client if i am not mistaken ?)

yes - the biggest issues are with the Microsoft licenses that prevent this from happening for the deployment server and the development client. Its a pity that Oracle doesn't have some sort of relationship with Microsoft that would allow them to do this....(!)

Yes, the windows licensing thing is probably the one thing that would prevent this (I would think Oracle could figure out something for their own licensing). Would be nice though. We could eliminate all the how to install standalone threads. Just download the VMs and off you go with a JDE E1 full version lab/demo. Sort of like turnkeylinux.org. With the power of PCs today you could probably run a full version demo on your laptop.

yes - the biggest issues are with the Microsoft licenses that prevent this from happening for the deployment server and the development client. Its a pity that Oracle doesn't have some sort of relationship with Microsoft that would allow them to do this....(!)

I wonder how far off we are from Windows being a requirement to run JDE E1.

You would need a visual studio license aswell for a full, working version.
Another problem is the oracle or microsoft database license as well. With the standalone you get a free but limited version of the oracle/microsoft database. You can't go beyond a certain limit in gb for the size of the database with those limited versions, which for example prevents generating the whole cross references or whole web generating of the applications.
I'm not sure that the full jde version with all the servers would work on such a limited version of the database ?

Reivilo - the standalone database is Oracle Enterprise Edition and has been for some time now. I don't believe there is a size limit for Oracle Enterprise Edition (!)

Yes Jon I may be remembering from a previous version of the standalone.
Oracle Support just provided me with a link to download the files for standalone 9.1 from e-delivery. THe link is Oracle Confidential so I cannot share it here.

so, the skinny... or skinnies??

1 - It has come to my attention that; Oracle now maintains only the most-current GA release in eDelivery, which is now JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2. I understand that you can get access to the JD Edwards 9.1 software, including standalone, by raising a non technical service request.

2 - And that 9.2 Standalone should have been posted to the Delivery Cloud, today (get it while it's fresh!):

•Go to http://edelivery.oracle.com.
•Click on the Sign In button.
•Click on the Accept button.
•In the Product field, start typing EnterpriseOne and select one of the EnterpriseOne products/licenses (eg: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Pricing).
•Click Select Platform, check the box next to the platform(s) you need, and click the Select button.
•Click on the Continue button to go to the next page.
•Click on the next Continue button to go to the next page.
•On the Terms and Conditions pop-up window, check the box(es) to accept the conditions, and then click on the Continue button.
•On the File Download window, scroll down and click on the part number links to download the Standalone files you need.

(db)

Last edited:
nice i did all that for nothing :) actually i tried to install 9.1 and it failed because it is not compatible with win 8.1 apparently, I will now try the 9.2.

Back