Visual Studio 2010 Debugger Issues

RD5576877

1.) I build the bsfn in debug mode
2.) I go into a C bsfn and set my breakpoints at a valid location. The icon appears red in color.
3.) When I attach it to Active Console, the icon turns clear and the hover text states "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".
4.) Execute the ube and it does indeed not stop at the breakpoint.

I have never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(1). Build the BSFN in debug mode and close the JDE
(2). Make sure that no EnterpriseOne software (activeConsole, UTB, BusBuild, etc.) is running. The software must be closed to correctly debug using Visual C++ .NET.
(3). Open Microsoft Visual C++ .NET and make sure that all workspaces are closed.
(4). From the file menu, choose Open Project.
(5). Make sure to choose all file types or Executable Files (.exe) so you can choose the correct executable.
(6). Select ACTIVECONSOLE.EXE on path e910\System\bin32
(7). From the File menu choose open to open the .c files for the business function
(8). Set your break points in the code (make sure to set your break points after the Main Processing section).
(9). Go to the Debug menu option and click Start.
(10). If "No Symbolic Information" message box for activConsole.exe appear click OK and continue.
(11). The EnterpriseOne login box will appear.
(12). Sign into the JDE.
Launch the application or submit the UBE as you. When the application or UBE reaches the business function to Debug, it will display the C code in Visual C++ .NET so that you can step through it.

Hello RD5576877,

Could you tell me what's your application release and tool release.

Regards,

Luis.

(1). Build the BSFN in debug mode and close the JDE
(2). Make sure that no EnterpriseOne software (activeConsole, UTB, BusBuild, etc.) is running. The software must be closed to correctly debug using Visual C++ .NET.
(3). Open Microsoft Visual C++ .NET and make sure that all workspaces are closed.
(4). From the file menu, choose Open Project.
(5). Make sure to choose all file types or Executable Files (.exe) so you can choose the correct executable.
(6). Select ACTIVECONSOLE.EXE on path e910\System\bin32
(7). From the File menu choose open to open the .c files for the business function
(8). Set your break points in the code (make sure to set your break points after the Main Processing section).
(9). Go to the Debug menu option and click Start.
(10). If "No Symbolic Information" message box for activConsole.exe appear click OK and continue.
(11). The EnterpriseOne login box will appear.
(12). Sign into the JDE.
Launch the application or submit the UBE as you. When the application or UBE reaches the business function to Debug, it will display the C code in Visual C++ .NET so that you can step through it.

Just wanted to say that the above directions worked great. Followed them exactly and was able to step through the C business function. Thanks saikiran.

Back