Track changes to Address Book numbers

higgs312

Is there any way to track changes that have been made to an AB number by multiple users?
We want to be able to track if several different users are making changes to a single AB number and when those changes were made.
The fields are Name, Mailing Name, Address 1-2-3 & 4, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone 1 & 2, Phone 2 Type. Please see the attachment.

This would be for any AB entry that is listed as a Vendor.

We are on:
E1 9.0 - TS 9.1.4.6
Windows 2008 x64
SQL 2008
WebSphere 7.0.0.11

Attachments

• address book audit log.pdf
    41.1 KB · Views: 74
There is always the Database journals but I am assuming that doe snot meet your needs. Also there is some ability to track changes to the F0116 based on the effectivity date logic but that is limited.

Check the contents of the F0101Z2 table. If there's data in it there you have Address Book "outbound Interoperability" turned on.
This table can server as a change log / audit trail for the Address Book.
If no data - you'll need to turn it on by modifying the Outbound Processing Options for P0100041 - Address Book Master Business Function.

We have auditing turned on on the F0116 so all changes are logged in the A0116 doesn't that give you the informtion you are looking for?

PS When turning address book auditing on I believe you'll need a custom app/ube to view the data since Oracle does not do that...unless of course you are querying the data

Oracle Doc ID 1508543.1

Outbound Processing is a method of writing information from JD Edwards EnterpriseOne systems into a Z-table. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book has three tables that are used for interoperability (inbound and outbound processing).

By activating a processing option in the associated Master Business Function (MBF), additions and changes to Address Book information are entered into the related Z-table. Additionally, a copy of the Address Book record before changes can be created, providing both a "before" and "after" image of the record. Then, using the report writing tool, a custom report can be designed to print the information required for individual business tracking purposes.

Tables for Address Book Interoperability with associated Master Business Function:

F0101Z2 - P0100041
F03012Z1 - P0100042
F0401Z1 - P0100043

It is suggested to specify the Transaction Types that are applicable for each Outbound processing under the "Audit Log (P0100041, P0100042, P0100043)" section in order to avoid confusion:

P0100041 - JDEAB
P0100042 - JDECM
P0100043 - JDESM

A version of the various MBFs must be designated in the processing option of the associated entry program:

Address Book Revisions - P01012
Customer Master Information - P03013
Supplier Master Information - P04012

I know this is a very old thread but my question is related to this, so did not open a new one.

What is the difference between Turning on audit from the Interop vs Audit tables that starts with A, which is part of CFR part 21.
Anyone knows the pros and cons?
I always knew about the audit tables that starts with A but did not know about the interop options until recently and it seems like this works as well pretty good.
Any input on this is appreciated.
Regards
Abir

I *think* the audit tables you are talking about are a 'SQL auditing thing' whereas the Z-file is built in JDE thing that is out-of-the-box.

I like the Z-file thing since it is out of the box and requires no retrofit/customization although it may require some custom programs to report on the data being recorded.

Adding to what others have said, my thoughts below

Firstly using the Interop Outbound feature to track changes is a great idea. Had not thought of it before.

Both options (CFR11 Auditing and Interoperability ) require custom reports or screens to report / inquire against the audit data

CFR11 option is implemented as a table trigger on the database , so this will also capture any changes done directly at the database level through SQL etc. Interop option will not.

CFR option can let you track changes done to specific columns in addtion to the primary keys (which are always tracked) , but I believe Interop will always write out a record if anything is changed on the record .

Interop option is easier to activate and turn on. CFR 11 requires some foundational setup work and then the table specific setup, service bounce , package build (If you want to query the A tables using JDE screens and Reports).

If querying the audit data using external tools , it helps that the CFR audit tables have native date and time fields as opposed to JDE Juilan Dates.

During Upgrades / table index changes through JDE etc , CFR auditing needs to be turned off and on again after the changes are made, Interop option is not affected by this

The auditing in CFR auditing is performed by the database, but managed within JDE. So, I would say the CFR auditing is also out-of-the-box.

Back