E1 Processing Option compare

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi folks,

We would like to make available a command line tool developed a while ago to compare processing options values across environments.

It requires a fat client/developer workstation and E1 version later than XE. Let me know if you have any questions/comments/issues. I'm attaching the zip file here containing E1VCompare.exe. Run it from a command line. For best results run the command shell as administrator (if you want to redirect the standard output for example).

Code:
[FONT=courier new]=====================================================
E1VCompare. PatWel Group Inc.
=====================================================
Usage: E1VCOMPARE ObjectName Version Environment [Filename][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]
ObjectName   - JDE object. Wildcards(*) supported
Version      - JDE object version. Wildcards(*) supported
Environment  - The environment to compare to. You will be prompted to login
               to an environment(primary). This parameter identifies the  
               secondary environment with which to compare options.
Filename     - The CSV file listing processing option mismatches. 
               By default this is E1POVAL.CSV in the current directory.[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]
Example to compare all versions of P4210 in PY to PD:[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]
E1VCOMPARE P4210 * PD900 c:\p4210.csv[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]At the E1 Login screen, select the PY environment. The output file
c:\p4210.csv will be created.[/FONT]

Craig

Attachments

• E1VCompare.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 276
Hi Craig,

Am I right in thinking if you get the message 'Versions Match' then you won't get the csv?

Yes, John that is the idea. It should only show POs that do not match.

Hi Craig,

I'm trying this today as it would very useful and I keep getting an error message saying I cannot connect to secondary env PROD.

E1 is running and this is on a FAT Client. any ideas?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Is "PROD" the name of your environment? Do you have that environment installed on the fat client? Check the jde.log files that would get created when the process starts (just like activeconsole, fda etc.). There should be some sort of message.

thanks
Craig

Hi John,

The tool reads the specs from both environments so you need to have both installed.

thanks
Craig

Hi Craig

I ran it and 2 applications says version matched and the file created with header only.

one application does not say version match and the file created with header but no info. I was expecting this will give me differences in version but I guess I have to go manually to E1 to see the differences?

Thanks
Ad

Sorry I was typing the wrong Program id for one application.

Just wondering is there a way to do for entire applications?

thanks
Ad

If any of the PO values are different the output on the screen will display "Versions do not match". The output file should list each of the options that do not match. If the values all match the screen will display "Versions Match" and nothing is written to the file. This is example compares all versions of P4210 in environments PY900 (logged in) and PD900.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 87
Yes, just enter a * for the object name. You can use wildcards, like P42*

Failed to Load F983051

Hi Graig, nice tool. Thank you for sharing. I am getting the error Failed to Load F983051 is some versions. What does it mean? Security related?

Thank you

Rob

JDE E1 9.0

Option numbers

Graig,
I have seen in several cases that the difference is one option number, but the tool indicate the next one i.e. Difference in option 5, but actually is the 6

Thanks

Rob

JDE E1 9.0

I think you're referring to the Option column. That is a zero based sequence number stored in the data structure. So the first option on the page will be 0. the Text column should display the PO text for that specific option. Please provide an example if my explanation isn't clear.

thanks
Craig

Option numbers

Hi Graig, thanks for your prompt response. Yes, it is clear now. My other question is if the tool reads the specs from the central object or if I have to install all pending packages in my fat client. Thanks again.

It reads the Processing Option data structure from the local specs, so you need the updated path codes on your developer workstation. The PO values are retrieved from F983051

Craig

encounter error message as below, please help.

C:\>E1VCompare.exe P4210 * PD900

The procedure entry point _JDB_OpenTableX@40 could not be located in the dynamic link library Jdekrnl.dll

Please try the following ...

Copy the E1VCompare.exe executable to your JDE installation folder \system\bin32 (for example c:\e900\system\bin32) and try running it from there. Let me know if that helps.

Also, please provide your JDE version info.

thanks
Craig

Hi Craig
is e1vcompare supported in windows 10? I am getting jdeunicode.dll and other when execute. it works like a charm in windows 7.
Thanks

Back