Micr Font for Check

cbudoris

Has anyone had issues with using the MICR font? We've got our BIP check in development, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the MICR to display correctly. Far as I know, MICR fonts don't come standard with Word, so we had to download the font (think I found the link here on another BIP thread).

The font looks fine in development when I first put it on the check, but when I upload it to the server, it just displays a bunch of blocks. And then after I've closed it on my local machine and re-open, its like it lost the variable and just displays a bunch of dots.

Anybody know what's going on, or another suggestion for getting around this?

There is a bug in MS Office which corrupted the field formatted with custom font. I had to do font substitution to get it to work.
Try this..
E1: XMLP: Field with Custom Font Shows Gibberish/Garbage Characters when Template is Reopened in Microsoft Word (Doc ID 1664146.1)

If you've got a basic setup on your fat client, the folder for the xdo.cfg file is: C:\Program Files\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\config

There's an xdo example file there already, so you can use that one as your base and delete the 'example' out of the name.

The MICR font is in: C:\Program Files\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\fonts. Its the MICR____.TTF. No idea what those underscores are about, but you need to leave them in for references to the file.

Then in the font section of the XDO.CFG, you just need to reference that location. Here's the entire font section of the file:

<!-- Font setting -->
<fonts>
<font family="Micr MT" style="normal" weight="normal"
<truetype path="C:\Program Files\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\fonts\MICR____.TTF"/>
</font>
</fonts>

After you have all of this in, the MICR font should work in BIP desktop. You'll need something similar to this setup on your Enterprise servers as well. Be aware there could be multiple copies of the XDO.CFG, so search for all of them. Something about small kernals vs large kernals on the servers.

Just one more little gotcha here, in the XDO.cfg the path to the MICR could be case sensitive. Our MICR wasn't working with our tools 9.2.3.2 upgrade. We had the word RESOURCE capitalized, but the actual path is lower case. Doens't make any sense, if you copy/paste the path into Windows Explorer it resolves with either, but maybe in the process that uses it, it matters.

incorrect:
<truetype path="D:\JDEdwards\E920\system\RESOURCE\truetype\MICR____.TTF" />

correct:
<truetype path="D:\JDEdwards\E920\system\resource\truetype\MICR____.TTF" />

Back