New Item, no primary location!

tmackin

Reputable Poster
A new item was created in the F4101 & F4102 but for some reason no Primary location record was created in the F41021. Can't create a primary with Location Revisions(P41024), defaults to "S" secondary. Is there another program out there?

TIA

I have seen this occasionally. The system should normally not let this happen so it does cause an issue. The only way I have been able to fix this is with a SQL insert in the F41021 making sure the PBIN field equals "P". You could also try to run an update record using the P4101Z1/R4101Z1I process for Item Branch with the location populated in there but I have not tried this.

I have noticed this happen infrequently even in the latest release. Hard to track why and am unaware of any app to fix directly. Suggested workaround...
A. Delete item branch and recreate
B. Add secondary location record via location revisions and use a database utility such as SQL to update the LIPBIN on this record from S to P.

1) Workaround: go to Inventory Adjustment application (P4114) and create one line adjusting the stock into the primary location, then a second line adjusting the opposite quantity out of the location – OK through the Warning Messages
2) The Inventory Adjustment application will create the location’on the fly’ for you
Regards,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne and all. Just finished process Wayne presented. There should b e a way to create a primary location via Location Revisions, maybe not defa ulting PBIN to =93S=94

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of Wayne Kernich
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: New Item, no primary location!

1) Workaround: go to Inventory Adjustment application (P4114) and create on e line adjusting the stock into the primary location, then a second line ad justing the opposite quantity out of the location =96 OK through the Warnin g Messages
2) The Inventory Adjustment application will create the location=92on the f ly=92 for you
Regards,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne & tmackin

Just had the same problem while processing a GRN,.... "Error. There were no records found. Item location record not found."

Looked through the entire lists of 2 purchase orders, and found that each had an item with no primary location.

Used the procedure described above, adjust inventory in and out, and the Primary Location is created, VIOLA!

Back