Copy Mod Versions from 9.0 to 9.1

katleo72

katleo72

We are upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1. There are many custom UBEs that are copies of standard JDE UBEs and modified. To retrofit, we will have to delete the custom UBE and processing options and recopy them and then retrofit custom modifications. What is the best way to get the Versios from 9.0 to 9.1? Can they be deleted and do an Advanced Get from 9.0? Do they have to be manually recreated? How do others handle this situation? Thank you so much for your help.

Hi,

Best way is to copy and re create, however if you want to reduce the effort, run ur spec merge to get all the ube's later compare with the standard ones and move the net changes of the standard objects to the copy created reports. since the upgrade is from 9.0 to 9.1 i hope this method will work good since the netchanges are pretty less. If you feel you want to copy create go ahead and copy R42565 to R5542565X do your customization on R5542565X. delete the spec merged R5542565 copy R5542565X to R5542565. Also you can have a list to identify copy created objects copied from which object. and start analyzing if you want to copy create or apply net change based on the changes in the standard object. I hope i answered your question
wink.gif

Back