Issue with Fine Cut

avishek

Hi all,

I have use Fine Cut and role to allow/disallow users to view menus to which they have access. However, they can access the menus which have been disabled by the Fine Cut using Fast Path.
This scenario has been done in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1. Can you please let me know how we can restrict the users form running the menus which have been disabled by Fine Cut?

Thanks in advanve.
---------------------------
Developer/Security Officer
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1
Oracle 11g

Your other option would be to have a Deny All/Grant Back security model that only allow users to access objects they need to do their job. This would cause a permission denied message when a user would try to use an application they were not specifically granted access to.

Quickly, the logic I would use to accomplish this (very simplified):

*PUBLIC
Application - Run=N, Install=N
Action - Inquiry Only

User_Role
Application - Run=Y, Install=Y (For each application needed)
Action - As needed, if role needs more access to application (add/change/delete)

-----

The building of a complete model using this method can be a fairly large effort depending on the size of your company and number of modules being used. I would suggest contacting an Oracle certified consulting vendor to help you at least assessing the task if you decide to go down that path.

Actually, I'd disable access to the applications/UBEs/versions they shouldn't be able to see. Then it doesn't show up on the menu and they can't get there via fastpath either.

JMHO
Tom

Hi,

I agree with other posters. If you want to get 'deny all' it is easiest with a tool like ours. You can apply fastpath security however without one - why not do that?

The only other alternative is to control the favourites they have more effectively. I have a tool which helps with that too but I think in your case simply securring out fastpath sounds the easiest?

Back