Attempting to Burst and email out a single page from a PDF report

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,
I'm a little stumped about the requirement I have received (or if it is even possible)

My HR group wants to create 1 PDF file that contains all of the HR Hourly payroll documents (I have created a custom version of R07186 and added a condition to create a page break when the Check Number changes)

I am able to produce the file, but the issue that I am having is when they want to parse and email the file .

They want to validate the report before releasing it ...

I am working with the only person on our team who has some BI experience and we were able to email the entire report to each of us but we won't able to parse it out and only have Page 1 sent to me and Page 2 sent to her (we have 2 different email addresses on the report

This is quite a high priority for my users but I am not sure about the best solution for this requirement.

Any thought/suggestions/documentation would be appreciated
Thanks
Pam

Hello Pam, as I understand your request, that should certainly be possible. In a project we are currently working on, we are outputting a single pdf file that is a reprint of ACH remittances for a batch, then bursting that into individvual remittances to be sent to the various recipients.

So if we have a 100 page pdf that contains 100 remittances and in the header of each we have the recipients email address, then when this is processed the 100 page document is burst and becomes 100 individual emails with the remittance attached.

Is that your requirement, or are you saying that you are only trying to email a single page out of the larger document but not email all everything.

The burst/delivery options are on P95620 and among others things allows you to define the Burst Field that determines how that document is split apart for emailing. If you document as you say has the check number in a header section, you should be able to burst on that section.