**MISSING NAME** code problem

Vicky H

I am not a developer, but I'm trying. We have a custom UBE that uploads timecards from our custom table into the F06116Z1 table. We have recently upgraded from Xe to 9.1 (September 2013). The upload UBE has been working fine. I now need to make a change to it. I printed out the event rules and I see **MISSING NAME** on the TC Insert Row command. I don't know if I have a problem or not, since the program is functioning just fine. But I would like it to be "right". This error message appears several times throughout the code. Can you tell me if something changed between Xe and 9.1 that would not like "FT F06116Z1.FORMAT"? I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. Help?

Attachments

• 186784-Code Problem.doc
    104.2 KB · Views: 45
*Missing Name* arises for several reasons but usually means the ER code is referring to an external object outside

So it possibly a PO value or a BSVW field that you need to GET the specs for.

It should go away then.

To add to John's remark: If it's code that is disabled, then it's probably code that was already disabled by the developer in the original release. If that's the case (You can verify that by checking in the original release), then no need to worry about it.

Thanks guys. I've attached a copy of one section of code. It looks ok, but when you print out the event rules, it shows MISSING NAME. It is not pointing to a processing option; it is not commented out. Any other ideas? This appears numerous times throughout the code as it inserts various records. Thank you, thank you for any light you can shed on this. I'm nervous to make my change and have it promoted and deployed with this in there.

I think JDE has pointed me in the right direction: a known issue BUG # 872122.1. Our tools release 9.1.2, we should already have the fix for this, but apparently not. They are looking into whether this is another related issue.

Ok yeah that's odd.
F06116Z1 is a base table so you should have the specs for that, even if it's been changed somehow.

Does this 'work' though?

One other possibility I was thinking of is a case I came accross recently: They had made some Associated Description fields global, and they were using them in assignments. Looked OK in ER Design, even when opened (double click on assigment), but displaying ***MISSING NAME*** when printed to textfile. And the logic didn't work.

But yours is a TC I see now. Not sure what 'FT' is (I try to stay away from TCs ;-). What do you see when you double click on that row?

PS: From the looks of it, your issue is a different one than the ones described in the article you mention.

If you have access to old system you can compare the spec of F06116Z1 table with the new one which can give you clue of what has changed. or look at net change document.

Chan

Back