Change color to signify environment 9.1.4.2 Tools

Gomer79

Gomer79

Well Known Member
We are in the process of upgrading to the 9.1.4.2 tools release (we are applications 9.0 update 2) from 8.98.46. Previously we had changed the color of the bar along the top to signify you were in the PY environment. Is there a way to do something similar in the new tools release. I know there are threads out there regarding color but from what I saw they were all on older tools releases. Thanks in advance for the help.

Gomer,

These are the files we modified in the 9.1.x tools to modify the login page and the Oracle Home E1 page.

html4login.jsp
x:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\E1_Apps\servers\dvj2ee\stage\dv\app\webclient.war\share\html4login.jsp

oracle_logo.png - This is the logo in the upper left corner
x:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\E1_Apps\servers\dvj2ee\stage\dv\app\webclient.war\share\images\rcux\oracle_logo.png

logo_E910.png - This will change the large 9.0 or 9.1 that shows on the default E1 home page
x:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\E1_Apps\servers\dvj2ee\stage\dv\app\webclient.war\share\images\welcome\logo_E910.png

If you are using the E1 Page generator, in the template_e1page\img folder, you can change the background.png file to a different color and/or add text with the environment name. Then run the E1 Page generator and this will be incorporated into the generated E1 Page .zip files.

I also wrote a small script to run when generating, which asks you which environment you're generating for, and then copies the appropriately-colored background.png file into the template_e1page\img folder, and then calls the generator.

I'll attach a sample of what the background files looks like for our DV environment.

Attachments

• 186708-background_DV.png
    186708-background_DV.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 154
Here's the content of the batch file. You'd have to replace the path placeholders with appropriate values for your system.

Enjoy!

@echo off

setlocal

SET JDEENV=ZZ

@SET /P ANSWER=Which environment are you generating? (PD/PY/DV)

@IF /I "%ANSWER%" EQU "PY" (
@SET JDEENV=PY
)

@IF /I "%ANSWER%" EQU "DV" (
@SET JDEENV=DV
)

@IF /I "%ANSWER%" EQU "PD" (
@SET JDEENV=PD
)

@IF "%JDEENV%" == "PD" (
copy /Y <source-path>\background_PD.png <dest-path>\template_e1page\img\background.png
call <E1Generator-path>\generatePages.bat
)

@IF "%JDEENV%" == "PY" (
copy /Y <source-path>\background_PY.png <dest-path>\template_e1page\img\background.png
)

@IF "%JDEENV%" == "DV" (
copy /Y <source-path>\background_DV.png <dest-path>\template_e1page\img\background.png
)

endlocal

Thank you so much for the information. To be honest what we were hoping for is a way to just change the color of the white ribbon all the way across the top in our test environments as we used to change the color of the blue bar in the old tools release. Thanks for your help and also I am not the CNC so I appologize if I am not able to try every suggestion right out of that gate. Thanks again for any help.

Gomer, I am sure there is a way to change the entire color of the bar but what we did that I mentioned in my post was to just change the oracle_logo.png file. This is the Oracle logo in the upper left corner of the screen. I have attached an example of how we modified this file. We did a different color and name for each environment so it is very easy to know what environment you are in.

Attachments

• 186745-E1 Logo.JPG
    186745-E1 Logo.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 263
We changed the color for our test environment. Someone else gave me this information.

I changed the color of the banner by modifying the following values in file:
C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\base_domain\servers\JAS_81_DV\stage\JDV910\app\webclient.war\share\css\webguistylesheet.jsp.

Banner - login screen:
.topbody {
background-position:right;
background-color: #FFFFFF;

Banner – Other screens:
.topnavtable {
background-color: #FFFFFF;

I found that I had to restart the server and refresh to clear cache (I think) before I was able to see it, but it did work.

Thanks both for your suggestions. I will work with our CNC to see if this does what we need. If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to share.

It appears the banner change that phoward suggested is what we were looking for. Thank you all for your help!

Back