QBE - Search multiple

jrkircho

Our company was purchased by a corporation, and they are moving us to JDE. I am completely new to JDE. When I asked this question of those training us, they had no idea.

We have a "Description" column. I would like to be able to search with the query-by-example (QBE) field for multiple criteria. For example, I'd like to search for "pipe" and "2in" and "seamless". Is there a way to do this in the QBE field or does it only allow you to search for one thing at a time? I have tried the following:
*pipe*, *2in*, *seamless* which JDE changed to *pipe, 2in, seamless* and found nothing
*pipe* + *2in* + *seamless* which JDE changed to *pipe + 2in + seamless* and found nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jrkircho,

I don't think that is possible without specifically creating the functionality. You may have to do 3 separate searches. Is this a standard JDE application? Or a custom one? Also what JDE Apps and Tools versions are you using?

if you are on Tools 9.1, you have to use query to do that. It's a standard option (Match any). Query is an improvement of QBE

Attached is a sample of the Query feature extension of QBE functionality which was introduced in tools release 9.1.

Please always include your release information and environment on your posts (see mine below) so we know where you're coming from without always having to ask.

Attachments

• 186688-Query Sample.PNG
    186688-Query Sample.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 123
Back