Win2008 R2 Server - 8.0 SP24 Install issue

TFZ

TFZ

Well Known Member
I am embarrassed to post... but..against my will and better judgement, I have been requested to install an JDE 8.0 (SP24.1.x) client on a Win 2008 R2 64 bit server. The install gets to 100%, and then hard crashes with a Client Workstation Setup has stopped working error. App log shows a 0xc000005 error usually indicative of DEP, but disabling DEP has not garnered any luck. I have successfully installed on Win 7 client machines, this is the first time I've tried on 2008 Server R2. Anyone see anything similar on Win 2008 R2?

Also, I don't have access to MTR's unfortunately.

Here is a snippet regarding Win 2008 R2 support

Windows Server x64 (64-bit) 2008 R2 is supported as follows:

Beginning with SP24.1 for EnterpriseOne XE/ERP8 and Tools Release 8.98.3 for EnterpriseOne 8.11 and above for a Database Server and Enterprise Server.
For an HTML Server with Websphere Application Server or Oracle Weblogic Server
For an EnterpriseOne Xe/ERP8.0 Deployment Server
For an EnterpriseOne Deployment Server beginning with Tools Release 8.98.4.2
For Oracle Database Oracle 11g R2 - 64 Bit and SQL Server 2008
For SQL Server 2012 x64 and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2

Few basic checks if not already done

-"Run as administrator" when launching the executable ?
- Tried turning UAC off ?

- have all required .NET framework components ?
- installed VS 2008 SP1 runtime executable (32 bit) if you do not have VS 2008 SP1 compiler installed.

Thanks for the reply. Yes on all accounts, .NET, VS2008 SP1 32 bit, Run as Admin and UAC off (as well as DEP disabled completely.) Same error at 100%. It looks like it's happening on the licensing portion of the setup, and the files definitely aren't being copied, but it has access to do so based on UAC being off.

From a quick check on MTR's for Windows clients for TR 8.98.4.2, there is only support for up to Windows 7. I don't recall ever seeing Windows 2008 R2 being supported as a client.

One other thing to note is that E1 runs as a 32-bit application, so you have to have 32-bit database client(s) installed.

But going down this road will likely lead to only further frustration and zero support from Oracle. Seat belts on -- you're in for a bumpy ride!

I completely missed that you were trying to install a "Client". I thought this was an Enterprise Server install.

Don , is correct in that Win 2008 R2 is not officially listed as a supported platform for a "client" workstation

Thanks guys for the replies, I was kind of thinking this would be the answer so it's nice to have corroboration. If I figure anything out, I'll post updates here if I can't get off of this sinking ship and back on 2003.

Could try setting the compatibility mode on the OneWorld Client Install\Setup.exe to be Windows XP or some other version. But that's usually just to get the exe to work in the first place.

It appears the installation is fine, however something is preventing you from copying the licence files to the root of the c: drive.

Can you confirm you can create (or copy) a file in the root of the c: drive? If UAC is in the way, you'd only be able to create a new Folder.

UAC is off, and with SP 24.1.x, those files go in the JDEData folder underneath B7 on the client. Either way, I can create files in both places (the root and under JDEData). I thank everyone for their input, and will let everyone know if I find a way to get it installed - but I think the better approach will be to downgrade to 2003 and it's expiring MS support which we wouldn't use anyway.
smile.gif

We are in a similar situation where the citrix infrastructure is being upgraded to windows 2008 server and we will be required to run ERP 8 Fat clients on them. This post got me thinking and i ended up raising a SR with Oracle Support and this is what they said:

"the supported operating systems for the Terminal Server (server) are: Windows 2008 x64 (64 bit) and Windows 2008 R2 x64 (64 bit) (SP1 and SP2 included (supported for JDE SP 24.0 and above).

The Terminal Server will hold a fat client install of the E1 software."

If you look under the MTR for Terminal Servers (Doc ID 705357.1) they have mentioned support for these two Operating systems.

Back