Spec Merge for Business Functions (E9.1)

KSK

KSK

Well Known Member
Hi All ,

I am working on upgrade project, we are migrating from XE to E9.1 (Tools: 9.1.4.2)

Query) While doing spec merge for the custom business function(system Code: 55 to 59) from XE to E9.1 (Tools: 9.1.4.2), ANSI to UNICODE conversion of the Business Functions can be done automatically in E9.1 (Tool Release 9.1.4.2)?

Earlier I had worked for the different client, they are migrating from XE to E9.1 (Tools: 9.1.3.3). While doing the spec merge all the custom business functions are automatically converted from ANSI to Unicode, but now we are using different Tool Release. I am not sure on the result.

Please Guide, Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

we have done the spec merge. Unicode Conversion happen automatically for E9.1 (Tools: 9.1.4.2) also.

[ QUOTE ]
we have done the spec merge. Unicode Conversion happen automatically for E9.1 (Tools: 9.1.4.2) also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should read "some of the Unicode Conversion...". Key word "some". The Unicode conversion will convert all the custom C code to be Unicode compliant and it does a pretty good job and most of it will be correct. HOWEVER, just because a BSFN compiles does NOT mean its correct. The "automatic conversion" WILL miss a lot of things and incorrectly convert other things. All custom C code should be reviewed and fixed as necessary.

Back