Task view security for entire folder?

Steve Doeve

Can anyone explain to me how I can enable taskview security for an entire folder including all batches and applications?
I have tried different ways but it seems that i have to manually check each batch or application to enable the security.

Steve,

Just to clarify - you want to fine cut an entire folder in a task view to lock all the UBEs and applications underneath it? That is the default. If you go in to menu filtering and click on a parent folder and turn it from green check mark to red - all the children under that should turn red. I have seen where you need to "save" the role, refresh it and then the red check marks will appear, as the children don't immediately turn from green to red.

Steve,

You're talking about application security?

If so you should have understand DenyAll settings in *Public
you want to enable all applications and UBEs to a role, you have to configure security application (type 3) for * ALL Objets YY

Regards

Hi Steve,

I have attached the screen shots which will guide you to disable all the batches and apps inside a folder task for a particular role.

Please let me know if it helps the cause.

Regards
Kumarsume

Attachments

• 186665-MENU FILTERING TO DISABLE FOLDER FOR A ROLE.doc
    524 KB · Views: 118
The first question is are you talking about applying Menu Filtering Finecut or F00950 security? It sounds like finecut.

In this case, recent version of JDE behave as Steve says and you can hide/show portions of the task view with just a few mouse clicks. If you cant get that to work you can delete all the finecut records manually

We have a tool that allows you to maintain menus in a grid (so you can integrate with Excel) - but for your specific question a SQL to delete F9006 records (for the task view, role) will do the trick.

Back