ACH Remittance reprint

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0, and use Accounts Payable. As part of AP we pay many vendors electronically. In the JDE AP process this means the payment instrument for the vendor is 'T' and the program R04572T2 is used when the Write step is executed.

Our issus is we occasionally need to reprint an ACH remittance. This is fine if the original submitted jobs is still in submitted jobs, you can just view the original pdf and reprint what you want. However, if that original job has been deleted, which is has in this case, you can't do that of course.

So is there any kind of a reprint option or program where remittances can be reprinted after the fact?

Thank.

Hi,

We had the same issue.

Some background (we are on Vers. 9.0 TR9.1):
A customised Remittance Advice (RA) was developed for the E-Payment process. When a payment file is updated, the RA Report creates an XML file using data held on the standard JDE payment tables F04571, F04572 and F04573. The xml file is then merged with a Word template, formatted and emailed out automatically to Suppliers by the BI Publisher tool.
Because the JDE standard tables are workfiles, the data only remains in these tables until the payments are updated. On occasion RAs have failed whether it be the XML failed to merge with the Word template or whether a system issue prevented any XML file being generated. In either case it has not been possible to re-generate the RAs as the data has been removed from the workfiles.

In order to be able to re-print Remittance Advice the following was scoped:
To copy the data required by the RAs from the workfiles to a customised table before the RA report is run and change the RA to look at the customised table and not the standard workfiles.
1) Data used by the Remittance Advice will be inserted to the customised table before the Remittance Advice is called.
2) The Remittance Advice will use the data stored in the customised table.
3) New logic to be added to update a field to say data has been processed. This is to ensure data is only selected the once. If the RA needs to be re-produced, the flag needs to be removed.

I hope this helps

Thanks, Oracle support did just respond with a solution, sort of.

Their response to being able to reprint an ACH remittance was as follows.

1. In the processing options for P0413M, there is a Print tab where you can specify a payment instrument, and print version. Set the payment instrument to T and the version to your version of the associated Print program, in this case R04572T2.
2. Then when you inquire on a payment, you will have a form exit called Print.
3. This option will call R04570M, which will rebuild the F04571, F04572, etc tables, then call your print program and you have a reprinted ACH remittance.

Two problem with this so far.

1. This will print one ACH at a time and we will need to reprint an whole batch. So I am copying R04570M and creating a custom version R554570M that will recreate the data needed to run the reprint for a whole batch not just one.
2. The other issue is that the Advice number printed when you reprint is not the original payment number, it is incrementing when you print it. R04572T2 has no logic that would do anytning other than assign a new number, it cannot retrieve the original number and print it. So we will need to modify our custom version of R04572T2 somehow to be able to print the existing number, not assign a new one.

Any thoughts on how to address the next number assignment issue would be appreciated if anyone has run into this before.

Thanks.

I am designing an ACH remittance process to email the remittance to the supplier - using the F0413Z1/F0414Z1 tables; these are basically audit tables over the F0413/F0414 and are populated by turning on the P0400297 processing options; the advantage is the Z tables have the EDSP processed flag to indicate the ACH was created / sent (AND this flag can be reset to have the ACH remittance re-sent). I am learning my way through the BI Publisher/Email tools, but I think using the F0413Z1/F0414Z1 tables is a good way to go.

I am designing an ACH remittance process to email the remittance to the supplier - using the F0413Z1/F0414Z1 tables; these are basically audit tables over the F0413/F0414 and are populated by turning on the P0400297 processing options; the advantage is the Z tables have the EDSP processed flag to indicate the ACH was created / sent (AND this flag can be reset to have the ACH remittance re-sent). I am learning my way through the BI Publisher/Email tools, but I think using the F0413Z1/F0414Z1 tables is a good way to go.

How does F0413Z1/F0414Z1 get populated? I added transaction type (JDEPYMT) to P0400297. At what point in process would I see the Z tables loaded and is there any other setup required?
Thanks

Hello,

I am working on a similar process and was told by one of our 3rd party contractors to create a report definition for the R04572T2, other settings to take into account include, Who's Who email settings, Payment Instrument in addition to the Report definition through BI Publisher.

Does this sound right to those who have incorporated remittances?

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Back