jdeexpimpu.cab

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
I know this is not the new topic but getting some funny behaviou in JD Edwards. When users try to export grid they always get the popup about the User account saying to install the above control and when user say yes it does not show the all export options.
I read in JDELIST someone saying non administrator users should get these dll register manually which i did but still getting the installation screen when users sign out and sign back.
We are using IE8 windows 7.
I manually register the dll at
regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\jdewebctlsU.ocx
regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\jdeexpimpU.ocx
and also in the syswow64 folder but no luck

Any comments will be appreciated!
Thanks

Ad,

I something similar on a Win 7 IE 9 client with a non admin user recently. I checked the IE settings below from Oracle doc id 1056203.1 below. Be sure to check the settings for the zone that your JDE E1 URL is usinag, i.e. internet, local intranet, trusted sites, etc.

In the Internet Explorer options:
1. Select the Security tab
2. Highlight "Local Intranet"
3. Select Custom Level. ActiveX controls and plug-ins (should have the following settings)
o Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompting - enable
o Allow Scriplets - enable
o Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls - enable
o Binary and script behaviors - disable
o Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player - disable
o Download signed activeX controls - enable (if using non-Windows admin change to Prompt to be certain to get the Windows admin login prompt)
o Download unsigned activeX controls - disable
o Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting - disable
o Only allow approved domains to use activeX without prompting - disable
o Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - enable
o Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - enable
4. After confirming the settings are correct, click OK > General tab > Click on Settings next to the Delete button > click on View Objects
5. Right click or highlight and delete / remove any activeX controls that begin with jde. Will probably see two sets of files for ocx and inf (if file extensions are turned on).
6. Once these are removed, close the window
7. Click on View Files, if this folder has anything in it, do a Ctrl-A to select all and then delete
8. Once these are removed, close the window
9. click OK twice to get out of the Internet Options.
10. Exit all IE browsers
11. Launch a new browser
12. Log into E1 and try again
13. If it still fails, try running with ‘Enable Protected Mode’ turned off and add the E1 URL to the Local Intranet Trusted Sites. Restart the browser and try again

Good luck,
Sandy

Thanks Sandy

I looked and we have same setting.
Here are some findings

in IE 32 bit works fine only issue with IE 64 bit
I noticed when download popup comes and i choose to Yes the files does not save to downloaded program folder

we have protected mode uncheck and using local intranet

Thanks for the comment, that give me some relief so i dont need to troubleshot more.
is this means that going forward if we upgrade to IE9,10,11 we need to make sure that the user should use the IE 32 bit? it is difficult to control users not to open 64 bit IE, But good news is that the win 7 has the IE 32 bit browser by default.

Yep, if you can control this. Or just install our control - its free for MS Office functionality...

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, if you can control this. Or just install our control - its free for MS Office functionality...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Alex,

Could you tell me what Everest application that the control is part of?

Thank you!

It's a separate product, called "JDE Cloud Control" - there was a direct link to it in my original post. There is a Download button on that page.

The commercial version also allows exporting & importing data to & from both free Oracle OpenOffice and Google Drive. This is in addition to MS Office functionality that does not need to be licensed and can be used for free.

Hi Alex,

Very interested in this thread as we've had similar issues and had to resort to 32-bit IE 8 running on 64-bit Windows 7.

The standard import / export feature you provide, will it provide the functionality for line attachments (text) as well?

Thanks / Regards,

Sanjeev

Sanjeev,

JDE comes with 2 controls: one for the export/import and another one for MO Attachments. We only have a replacement for the former, so the MO handling will be unaffected (i.e.: it will still be restricted to 32-bits).

Back