How to Open a Network drive from JDE Interactive Application

jdeuser007

Hi, I am trying to open a network drive from JDE application. This drive has pdf drawings for engineering.
Each item in Item master has a pdf assocaited with it. So using Item Number, user wants to open the assocaited pdf from the network drive.
Please note that I am not trying to open an URL.
Issue is I am unable to figure out how to open the particular network drive on the web. I tried using B34a1030 business function but it doesn't work. We are on JDE 8.11 / Tool release 8.49.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thansk
JDEUSER

You can use attach drawings to every item. And text notes, and photos, too.

What you need to do is expose your pdf drawings via a web server (such as IIS). You may not want to use a URL - but that's really your only option short of playing around with some esoteric code trying to bypass architectural limitations.

Its really not hard to do. We expose 100,000+ drawings converted to PDF this way - making them JDE accessible from a number of applications. All you need is a little box running IIS (or an existing windows server - IIS requirements are minimal). A little custom row exit in each app that you want to enable the "View Drawing" from containing the ER System Function "GoTo URL".

Back