WebSphere V8.5 Enable Administrative Security

Glen7

Can anyone walk me through the entire process of enabling WebSphere Administrative Security from the initial WebSphere install and then getting JDE to install correctly? I can successfully install a WebSphere server and all necessary JDE components w/o administrative security. I've tried adding the credentials to the soap.client.props file but there must be more to it than that because the instance never starts.

Regards,
Glen

I used the same user and password for Administrative Security as the SM console to make it easier to configure.

I managed to get Administrative Security working for BSSV and can send you a document.

Cheers
Kieran

Kieran,
Yes, if you have anything that would help greatly. That may work but we all have individual logons for SM that are being pulled from EnterpriseOne. We wouldn't want to setup our individual account as that user.

Regards,
Glen7

OK after much trial and error I have figured this out. Create a user in Server Manager that you will use for securing WebSphere. When creating the WebSphere Application Server enable administrative security. Enter this user name and password there. When creating the WebSphere plugin IBM HTTP Server V8.5 enter the same user name and password for the IBM HTTP Server Administration Server authentication section. Edit the soap.client.props file and enter the same user name and password there. This worked for me.

This is what I was looking for as a response, a step by step walk through on how to configure.

Back