print once on report

sonal_m

there are few things from my business view which I want to print only once on my report. But the problem is if i write it in do section, it prints all the time condition is true.

is there any waty to achieve so? please suggest.

Create a flag and latch it on in the end of your do section

Reset the flag in your level break header

At the start of your do section only print if your flag is off

thanks john for your reply.

Does that mean I create header on lets say GLBA (for which I want to print once) and then put flag as 0 on header. which means it will print once for every change ?

Hello Sonal,

You can compare the BC (Business Column) values with PC (Previous Column) values in your DO Section. Print the columns only when these two values are different.
Like If BC GLBA <> PC GLBA, print GLBA else assign blank.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are wanting to do, but here is what came to mind as I read your post.

If you are working with a columnar or tabular report there is an option on the columns to only print on change. This allows you to include a field in the grid that may have the same repeating value for many records. Setting the print on change flag removes the clutter of displaying repeated values and makes the report more clean.

Sounds like you want to print once per GLBA. If yes, create a Level Break Header or Footer section on GLBA as you yourself already suggest more or less, and print the value in that section (dunno what the rest of your data sequence looks like, and where on the output you want the value printed wrt the other fields/sections on your output, so you may need to do some additional tweaking).

Hi Sonal,

Yeah sorry I kind of misunderstood you.

Level break headers and footers on a BSVW section will only run when a field you specify changes value.
So you need to sequence the data in the UBE by these fields too.
So in your case of GLBA, you would need to have that somewhere in your data sequence. Probably the first...?

If you want this GLBA to appear at the top of the data,
you need to create a level break footer on GLBA
You can display the BC field in this section

but....

If you want the GLBA to appear at the end of the data then you create a level break footer and you would use the PC variable as the BC has changed to a new value
smile.gif

Hope that helps?

yeah it worked..I created a level break footer on glba and its working fine.

thanks everyone for your suggestion. It helps in getting ideas
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yeah it worked..I created a level break footer on glba and its working fine.

thanks everyone for your suggestion. It helps in getting ideas
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to be of help. Although this is Report Writing 101 basics really
wink.gif

Back