Strange behaviour in ERP 9.1

pbare

Well Known Member
I am reading in a line from a flat file

The file consists of 4 columns that are strings and 1 numerical field.

I can successfully read all of the fields into my variables as expected except the numerical field.

I can read it into a string variable but everything I have tried to convert the value from a string to a value, nothing seems to work.

I have tried converting my string for this field to Math Numeric (B0000580) but only get a zero

I tried assigned the string value to the numerical value with no luck

The numerical field is the last one in my data file, would that have anything to do with it?

This is the last thing I need to fix so that I can provide a solution to my business users.

I am under a bit of a crunch so if anyone has any suggestions, I am willing to try it

thanks
Pam

Attach a sample of your flat file.

Also what is your platform? I doubt your JDE servers are running on Windows 7.

Are you doing this in a table conversion, or a UBE using the "flat file" business functions?
Is the numeric, as the last column on the row, picking up carriage return or line feed?
When you tried the "numeric to string" bsfn, what did logging show for your input numeric value?

Be shure there are no other characters in the field. leading or trailing blanks are maybe not a problem. but (in some editors) unvisible tabs or cr/line-feed-characters will make problems for shure and the type can not be converted into a numeric value.

maybe you can see the parameters in jdedebug.log while running the bsfn on your development windows-client and some illegal characters are respresented as square in some editors. (or as arrow in case of a tab)

You already received three replies and you did not provide any feedback
blush.gif

Is the period separating integers from decimals present in your text file?

Sorry - I thought that I had posted the fix. it was due to the fact that my line was reading a carriage return at the end of the line. I had to strip out illegal characters.

Back