ESU stages

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
Very confused and need some stragetic anwser.

I applied ESU in DV and PY and userz tested everthing is fine. Now i was going to put in PD but the change assistant says it is superceed and they dont recommend to use that ESU.

Questions:
Should i go any apply in PD? Or apply all the other ESUs in DV and PY for users to retest? That will be a pain for users to retest everything again. Please find attachment.

Thanks

Attachments

• 186337-Capture.PNG
    186337-Capture.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 21
The environments should be kept in synch.

Just log into Planner on the Deployment Server and apply the tested ESU to PD900 using the Electronic Software Updates application (System Administration Tools/System Installation Tools/Software Updates)/ Double click the row with the ESU and then click Next to start the process. You can then choose the environments to apply it to.

You'll then have to find out what the new ESU affected.

I believe i can still use the change assistant to apply in PD. it is just the warning message if not i will do what you suggested. i will try and let you know.

Thanks
AD

I missed that, yes, if it's just a warning message it should still allow you to apply it.

Take some time and compare the notes of the two ESU's to find out what the changes are. Perhaps it is something simple.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello there
Very confused and need some stragetic anwser.

I applied ESU in DV and PY and userz tested everthing is fine. Now i was going to put in PD but the change assistant says it is superceed and they dont recommend to use that ESU.

Questions:
Should i go any apply in PD? Or apply all the other ESUs in DV and PY for users to retest? That will be a pain for users to retest everything again. Please find attachment.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, You will always run into this issue as code is changing on a daily basis. What you can do is in the change assistance you can disable connection to support center. This way it will not check new updates and it will allow you to apply the ESU that you have tested so far.

Keep in mind, there will always be enahncement to ESU provided by Oracle and most of the ESU will be superceded. If your testing cycle is long , you migth have to disable the support connection to proceed. I usually ask my teamm to follow this. We usually apply lot of ESU ( just to get code current) and disable this till those ESU have moved all the way production.

However, as other have you might want to look at the superceded ESU to see what was fixed and does it applies to you. In our case, Our testing cycle is through so we realy on our testing to fish out any issue relevant to our company.

Thanks Everyone on that.

Everyone has different way of doing.
We dont keep everything as current, Rule of thumb if there is bug or show stopper, i apply ESU. Secondly i try to promote to PD if the ESU has a little impact meaning few objects involve.

Thanks
Ad

Back