Learn writing JDE Busibess Functions in C

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
My C language skill is intermediate, and I would like to start writing JDE Business Functions in C language. But I don't know where to start
frown.gif
. Anybody guide me to get a starting point.
grin.gif

My approach to this task was to find a pretty simple existing vanilla business function, say launch a batch application.
There are many there, just take your enthusiasm and give it some time to find one - if you didn't find it in say, a week, let us know
grin.gif

Next, you clone it.
Start by creating the Data structure.
Now things get interesting.
Create your BSFN using the well known system code 55, and attach it to the CCUSTOM dll. By the way, if you don't have it, you'll have to ... create it.
After you created your BSFN, modify the two files (.h & .c) to look as close as possible to vanilla's.
PS1 Let the old posts guide you.
PS2 Keep The JDE List posted.
Good look, you CAN do it!

Yea.

I started with B91300C - Launch Batch Application and his/her kid - D91300T
grin.gif

I will ping back you if I get any doubts
smile.gif

Let me dig
grin.gif

Honestly, I would start with ANSI C itself. You do NOT have to be a C guru to write effecitive, solid, C BSFNs. However, you better be damn sure you have a solid ANSI C foundation.

C is not like some other languages. Other languages will prevent you from shooting yourself in the head. C assumes you must have a good reason for pointing a loaded gun at your head and pulling the trigger.

I was working with Microsoft C# and of course, I know C. But I just want to know how the tables, data items, data structure are handled in JDE thru C.

I look at the Launch Batch Application business function.
Before starting with it, I think it is better to get knowledge regarding APIs. So I will create a table with Name, Age and will do database operations(insert, update, delete, fetch) using C.
Am I in right track ?

--047d7b5d3d7a7b947b04f2af6e34
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes you are on the right track. keep evaluating & dig in the existing
source code and you will learn a lot.

Best Regards
Saad Faisal

Best Regards
-Saad Faisal

ist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address
--047d7b5d3d7a7b947b04f2af6e34
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Yes you are on the right track. keep evaluating & dig in the existing source code and you will learn a lot.<div>
</div><div>Be st Regards</div><div>Saad Faisal</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br pan dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:[email protected]" target=3D"_blank" te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex" I look at the Launch Batch Application business function.
Before startin g with it, I think it is better to get knowledge regarding APIs. So I will create a table with Name, Age and will do database operations(insert, updat e, delete, fetch) using C.

Am I in right track ?<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">

RAUF MUHAMM ED K
JDE Professional
JDE E1 8.12 | Windows XP SP 3
<a href=3D"http://raufnicole.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.raufnicole.c at=3D&Board=3DOWDEV&Number=3D186600" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELI ST thread</a> is available for viewing.

</p><table><tbody><tr><td>Looking for a job? Check out the <a href=3D"http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/postlist.p hp?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities forum</a></ <font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE.</ To unsubscribe from this list via email, <a href=3D"mailto:+jdeowdev_remove @jdelist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+thi s+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+List.

Than k+You." target=3D"_blank">Click here</a>.

--047d7b5d3d7a7b947b04f2af6e34--

That would be a good place to start since a lot of what you do will involve table i/o. Table i/o is also where you can do a lot of stuff with C that you can't do in ER code.

I just read Brian's response last night on what C is like. It had me rolling on the floor last night. I couldn't stop laughing. While graphic, it is so true. It just hit home. lol.

Ya.... sometimes I wish the compiler would tell me when I am doing something stupid.

[ QUOTE ]

C is not like some other languages. Other languages will prevent you from shooting yourself in the head. C assumes you must have a good reason for pointing a loaded gun at your head and pulling the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!!

Back