Load > 2000 records from an xls file

pbare

Well Known Member
I am currently using JDE 9.1. Our CNC team has limited our import from Excel to a total of 2000 lines.

I have been asked to create a custom object that will bring the data into F07991 from an external file.

I was looking at using a Table Conversion ube but I don't think I have set it up correctly.

Is there a better solution or does some one have any tips on creating a Table Conversion ube using an excel file?

Further to this load...

I have created a Table Conversion UBE that reads in the text file (created from the excel spreadsheet)

The only thing I can't figure out is how to use the Processing Options to pass in the path and file name of the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my users are wanting this fix as soon as possible

Thanks
Pam

TC's aren't flexible as far as where the data is located.

To make the input path flexible, you need two batch objects.

The first, either a UBE or TC, will have p/opts as to what the path name is.
W/in the ER for this you need to call the BSFN to "Copy or Delete a flat file"
to copy from the P/Opt'd path to the location specified in your TC.
After the data has been copied, have the first object launch your TC.

The 2nd object is the TC you've already written, w/the pathname you've already set.

Regards,

Is this the correct business function (B9500000 - Copy BFSN to New Path)

I didn't find one that says Copy or delete Flat file

Thanks
Pam

Pam,

There is a thread from 2011 that has some information that you may find useful for your task. It includes a list of business functions to manipulate/move/copy/delete files. The thread is External File Processing.

Back