Relaying Data From Search and Select Form

tripleLLL

Hello,

I am a bit newer to developing JDE and new to JDE List as well. Hopefully this is a simple question; I haven’t found anything on the forums so forgive me if this is a repeat.

Scenario:
I am building a Search and select interactive application that is called via a row exit on a headerless detail application. When I choose a grid row in the search and select form, I want the information to be used to populate a new grid row in the previous application (the headerless detail). So if there was one row in grid of the headerless detail application, after going out to the search and select field, I would like there to be two, the original and the one chosen.

Bonus: Being able to choose multiple rows in the search and select App

Issue: I don’t really understand how the search and select form relays data back to the form it was called from? If I want to pull back multiple rows back from the search and select’s grid will I have to create some type of work table.

I am new to JDE development, and I don’t have a lot of resources where I work so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

If I understood your question correctly, you can do this by adding the required columns in the grid row to the form interconnect data structure (of the search/select form). When the grid row is selected, you will populate the values in the form interconnect. On the headerless detail, you will retrieve these values and populate the grid.

This approach will not allow you to do this for multiple rows. You have to use a work table (as you suggested) or use caching in a business function.

Hope this helps.

Hello,
I was able to retrieve the data and put it in the row that I had selected from however I want to be able to add a new row using the information, not add to the row that I selected. Regardless,I am going to find another means of doing this whether that be a work table BSFN etc.
Thank you for the response!

You can insert rows in any event of your form. you will find the function "insert grid buffer row" by using the button "system functions" in your event and open the "grid"-node.

Back