How can I change the G/L date in an AP Voucher?

Autolitho

I have several AP vouchers that have G/L dates of 9/26/2013.

The periods have been closed until Nov 2013, and accounts has closed the books and prepared financial reports.

I want to adjust the G/L date to 12/1/2013.

However, in the 'Enter Voucher Payment Information' (application P0411, form W0411A), the G/L date field is grayed out.

Now, in the associated Revise Batch Header form, I notice that the batch date field is also 9/26/2013. Will an adjustment to the Batch Date (F011.DICJ) cascade to the G/L date (F0411.DGJ) ?

How do I achieve my objective?

JDE will not allow to change the g/L date after the voucher has been created (even if voucher is unposted), coz g/L date is part of the key in the table. Delete the voucher and create it again with the new g/l date.Change in batch date will not cascade to change in g/l date. If the number of vouchers is huge, you may do an SQL update depending on the process followed in your organization

>> Will an adjustment to the Batch Date (F011.DICJ) cascade to the G/L date (F0411.DGJ) ?

No, it won't. As user varuntl mentioned, your only option is to change the G/L date using SQL (assuming the voucher has not been posted). This is common practice.

Hearing that this is a "common practice" makes me shudder.
There is an impact to doing SQL surgeries such as this. Integrity reports can go out of balance; Auditors can start asking pointed questions, ...

Far better in my opinion is for the bean counters to make adjusting entries to the books.

Larry,

I agree with you. When I said "common practice", I did not imply that it was a "best practice" - just that it is prevalent.

We have to understand the user's pain though - even if you copy the voucher, you cannot change the G/L date. If there are many items in the voucher (on the pay item and G/L side), the user has to export everything to Excel and rekey/import the data back.

Back