Fat clients stopped connecting to security server.

cbarrera

Hi everyone, I´m having problems with fat clients that were working OK.

JDE 8.12, Tools 8.98.2

Enterprise+security+oracle on the same box. Udp and Tcp port (6014) status=LISTEN

No changes to any config files have been made. No changes to any user accounts, roles, security.

Web, UBE, BFs work OK.

Fat clients unable to connect to security server. They were working OK.

E1 services restarted, no ipc conflicts. It didn´t solve the problem.

Case 1: No user can connect from fat client. Not even jde user. (attached log file)

Case 2: If I run jdenet_n.exe on the fat client, I´m able to login with jde user. Other users get a Database Password Entry screen.

The only thing that has happened at network level was that a fortinet box was replaced by a checkpoint box (firewalls).

The new checkpoint box has no restrictions yet, all ports are open.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Attachments

• 185921-jde_2544_010114.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 64
Have you tried to redeploy your last full package and the subsequent updates?

Also see this on oracle support

E1: JAS: Login Error "Failed to communicate with security server" - JDB1100015 - Failed to complete Security check by Pwd (Doc ID 1076206.1)

Thanks a lot for your help. We fixed the problem. The tool our technician used to scan the ports was not detecting ports with high numbers like 6014 and he assured us none of the ports were blocked. However, the new checkpoint box was blocking port 6014. Web clients connected OK because the web server is on the same network as the security server. Fat clients run on different networks and were blocked.

Thanks everyone.

Back